For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Problem to unpack UPak.u

Questions and tools for modelling.
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Problem to unpack UPak.u

Post by Sergey »

Hello. I have a version of the game UT 436. Please advise the program . which can extract models from this file
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: Problem to unpack UPak.u

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Install Unreal 1 version 227i or 227j. You can export everything through UnrealEd then and use it with anything, UT included.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Rename UPak.u because I assume you want to keep the contents intact from it and not use 227 version of the file which is normally installed with Unreal Gold version of the patch. Then try to load it in the UnrealED 2.1 or whatever and extract it via there one by one. If it has any errors, then further modifications have to be done. But otherwise you can try other programs like umodel or whatever the latest iteration is called, just keep in mind some of those programs produce errors. Another way is to not extract the models themselves but strip down the package until models are left using commands and "myleveling" tricks. So there are multiple ways possible all in all. 227i and above offers clean mesh exporting however.
Sergey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Sergey »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:23 pm But otherwise you can try other programs like umodel
I extracted the models using this program. But then it is impossible to compile UPak. u in UT with these models. many errors
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Sergey wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:36 am
Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:23 pm But otherwise you can try other programs like umodel
I extracted the models using this program. But then it is impossible to compile UPak. u in UT with these models. many errors
You need to rename the files acording to the exec lines or change the exec lines to reflect the models.

It needs to find the path where the model is located, if the path is different or the filename is different(which happens a lot with unreal models), then you have to do some renaming..

Return to “Modelling”