For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

UnrealGold 226b with SuSE Linux 8.2

for Unreal & UnrealTournament
FlowerPower

UnrealGold 226b with SuSE Linux 8.2

Post by FlowerPower »

Hello, here's everyone's favourite mad gardener ;D

I've just started fiddling around a little bit with Linux, and of cause i still wanted to be able to play the classic Unreal. Reading the many internet postings of this being possible using the Wine emulator, i thought that maybe me is also capable of doing this.
I already installed your current OpenGL patch (2.1.0.7) and the graphics are really cool and fluid. But i have some problems with the sounds, they are kinda choppy and lagging.
The server browser is also really slow, takes a long time to get a server list, and i also can't join a server from that list, only entries in favourites work.
The version of Wine that get's installed by SuSE 8.2 is 20030217-23, i already tried updating to the most current 20030709 but then the sounds are completely gone.

Any help to get me over the fence would be greatly appreciated ;)

Return to “Linux-Board”