For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Unreal Anthology mismatch

To find and remove the bugs we needed every bug known in current 226. You can still review them here.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Unreal Anthology mismatch

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Will you add the files that correct the version mismatch for Unreal Anthology users in patch 227? Kept forgetting to make note on that, but here it is now.

It will make the patch alot larger (According to Hyper, theres is a tool that only saves the actuall differences, forgot its name though). Except for the size its a pretty straight forward addon to the patch, it doesnt need any fancy stuff. And its a very important issue after all. Oné of the more important goals of the patch was compatibility, and this one certainly can be concidered in that category.
Bane
OldUnreal Member

Re: Unreal Anthology mismatch

Post by Bane »

(the tool is diff. or maybe windows has some other name for it, whatever)
the anthology patch just replaces some of the .u files that the anthology people changed for no good reason. Chances are, 227 already replaces those files with a new 227 version. I honestly can't imagine this patch NOT replacing them. so, it actually should already be included.
Author of Hide and Seek mod, and the NALIBALL mod

Hide and Seek can be downloaded from:
http://HideNSeek.5u.com
Pitbull
Administrator

Post by Pitbull »

(the tool is diff. or maybe windows has some other name for it, whatever)
the anthology patch just replaces some of the .u files that the anthology people changed for no good reason. Chances are, 227 already replaces those files with a new 227 version. I honestly can't imagine this patch NOT replacing them. so, it actually should already be included.
From what I heard the only thing that was changed in the .u files were some embedded logos.  ::)
Upon this rock I will build my church O:-)

LOADING HATERS..████████████] 99% Complete.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

the beta release will be for unreal only. Its purpose is simply bug-hunting. Once the bugs are found, I will make sure that the final can be applied to any version, including anthology. Could make a ugold compatible version too for the test as well if you think it would be of help for this purpose, but if so, it will lack RTNP support for now...
Indeed its only a question of configuring the installer.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Will you add the files that correct the version mismatch for Unreal Anthology users in patch 227? Kept forgetting to make note on that, but here it is now.

It will make the patch alot larger (According to Hyper, theres is a tool that only saves the actuall differences, forgot its name though). Except for the size its a pretty straight forward addon to the patch, it doesnt need any fancy stuff. And its a very important issue after all. Oné of the more important goals of the patch was compatibility, and this one certainly can be concidered in that category.
The most well-known tool for this patching is called RTPatch. It uses byte-level differencing so the patch only contains the difference between the old version and the new one.
http://www.pocketsoft.com/rtpatch_bld.htm

For years, RTPatch was THE way to patch games, for example ID software used (uses?) it for Doom, Quake etc.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

If that works than it could cut off some 35 Mb from the files alright lol, its only the damn logo being the culprit. Though on the other hand a large filesize kinda looks proffesional :D
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

Indeed its only a question of configuring the installer.
Yeah, the folder structure is quite different. Dont have time right now. But you can run the installer i made even without having the Anthology UnrealGold installed. It will will create the necessary folderstructure so you can see how it looks like. And yes there is a space somewhere sitting in it, which can easelly be overlooked.

Return to “Report Bugs in Unreal 226 versions”