For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Surf's Up a genius game using Unreal Enine?!

Here you can add and find information and help for other Unreal Engine titles. Currently for UE1 and UE2 based software.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Surf's Up a genius game using Unreal Enine?!

Post by makemeunreal »

Surf's Up is the video game based on the Sony Pictures Animation film of the same name. Surf's Up the video game follows the basic story of Cody Maverick in the movie. This game was developed by Ubisoft and is available for PC and for various console platforms. Engine: Unreal Engine 2.5 (PC, MAC and consoles)

http://mktplassets.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/9AB84A25-F43F-456D-9382-010F507C4F9A/0/simsurfsup05.jpg

For me, this game is like a dream. Tropical environment in Unreal Engine, water, waves... Like a dream!

Is it possible to extract code, textures from this game?
The environment is beatiful and that wave kicks ass!
Last edited by makemeunreal on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Surf's Up a genius game using Unreal Enine?!

Post by BobIsUnreal »

should be able to get textures ( try dragon unpacker? or umodel)
should be able to get static or animated models (umodel + milkshape)
code is maybe or unknown , could try utpt orwotexporter, or maybe even ucc if it is included by accedent.
if it have ucc , you could even export the map is t3d if the build supported it.

dont have the game to try these methods , but with unreal 1/2/3 engine they should work up to a point.
i am tempted to buy it off of ebay just to try to export it / collect it.
Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Same here. Pretty much collecting Unreal Engine games. And this one looks gorgeus.
I'd love to see the way they achieved this water.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

There's a free demo, you can get it with a simple google search. I installed it and took a stab but the files are all in a format that nothing I have will open. I'd guess by the error messages that Gildor could get UModel to work so you might post over in his forum. He used to like challenges like this.

And it's also a fun game. I'll probably get the full version to just screw around with.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

the demo was inconclusive.
glider's page hints at the lin files containing the assests- he
provided a  test file that test file "hyperripped" with dragon unpackeer resulted in alot of png art assests.

i went ahead and bought the game new sealed on ebay for 4.99. it got here today.
alot more simmilarly formated files and content.
NONE of my non charactor lin files contained any geneirc readable assests.

the mainpc.upl file is likely were the textures/sounds etc are. as many u2 engine games are similar , except they dont use that file format.
the full version of mainpc is about 658mb. DU found about 6150 texture assests , png format in that file. many look like duplicates, and alot of it
mostly looks like interface and hud stuff , but there are creally a few skins and textures.

attack2:
dxripper3d.... you can run this during game and it will dump what it "sees" i tried it twice during brief gameplay... it resulted in a mix of textures and hud stuff.... in dds format that had to be converted to bmp. this may be your vector is what you want isnt in the upl dump.

audio is another question.

i suspect upl is a proprietart ubisoft wrapper/incapsulation format. open in in notepad and there is some xml like references, and a bunch of path links to resonable file paths that dont exist.

ini confige shows some ini references to rb6 - rainbow6. and that game also uses dare audio .. but not upl format.i think it could be the same build.as dumb as this sounds , dumping in the editor.exe /ucc and supporting files didnt do much except tell me its missing a ini.
Last edited by BobIsUnreal on Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Wow. Thanks for your work on this one!
Textures, trees, plants (meshes) would be cool to have.
Huckleberry Pie

Post by Huckleberry Pie »

Unreal Engine 2.5 eh? Wonder if it has at least something in common with the Splinter Cell engine Ubi used at the time.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Well, I am not even sure if that is UEngine anymore as I failed to extract any kind of information out of the game so far.

Return to “Unreal Engine 1 and 2”