For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Overview about UnrealEngine 2 Games/Software without an own board

Here you can add and find information and help for other Unreal Engine titles. Currently for UE1 and UE2 based software.
han
Global Moderator

Overview about UnrealEngine 2 Games/Software without an own board

Post by han »

There are a few list of Unreal Engine 2 games around, most noticable:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... gine_games

However, I'll start adding games/software to this thread later on with one post per game/software as i did in the Unreal Engine 1 thread. Feel free to add an own overview about a specific game, but keep in mind that I'll likely edit/update it from time to time.

This thread is intended as an overview and not as a discussion. If you want to discuss details about a game listed in this thread please open a new thread for the discussion.
Last edited by han on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: Overview about UnrealEngine 2 Games/Software without an own board

Post by makemeunreal »

Is there any way to have editor in UEngine games which games came without the editor packed?
Lemony Snicket's a Series of unfortuante Events the game i'd like to map to be specific. It has the same build as Shrek 2 for example.
Huckleberry Pie

Post by Huckleberry Pie »

Is there any way to have editor in UEngine games which games came without the editor packed?
Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events the game I'd like to map to be specific. It  has the same build as Shrek 2 for example.
That I am also wondering as well (pun unintended, well since KnowWonder developed the game lol). I can mod Lemony Snicket to a degree using the Unreal Runtime (UE2Runtime-22261903.exe), like retexture stuff and import new character models in certain .ukx files, but if I try to open let's say SnicketAdults.ukx or SnicketBeasts.ukx, the Unreal Runtime editor spazzes out with the following message:

Code: Select all

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3513 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (9907)

BoolProperty SnicketBeasts.AmbientPawn.IsInfant.ReturnValue: Serial size mismatch: Got 12, Expected 13

History: LoadObject
Last edited by Huckleberry Pie on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Huckleberry Pie

Post by Huckleberry Pie »

Oh and I've actually emailed Eric Gingrich back in 2010 regarding the games' inner workings. Too bad he never left a response after this one.

Neon_Knight
OldUnreal Member

Post by Neon_Knight »

It's honestly jarring that Unreal II has its own section on the forum, separate from even the rest of the UE games, yet UT2003/UT2004 don't have even a slightest place in either the forums or the Discord channel, considering the game is 15+ years old.
Localization project coordinator/spanish maintainer

Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.

Return to “Unreal Engine 1 and 2”