For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Alleged unofficial fanmade open source nonpublic private revival of Unreal 1995 Tech Demo

Here you can add and find information and help for other Unreal Engine titles. Currently for UE1 and UE2 based software.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Alleged unofficial fanmade open source nonpublic private revival of Unreal 1995 Tech Demo

Post by luke11685 »

There was a guy who reverse engineered the 1995 stuff and published everything, many years ago, however he was nearly sued or something, not from Epic, but I don't know how true it all was. If it was true then Digital Extremes was the party persuading that strtangely enough. However his work has led to some good stuff I believe even yrex took notes from his research.

Making a full game out of reverse engineering the UE 95 engine is only looking for trouble though. There will be less chance of a lawsuit if the leaked source code is being worked on in effort to fix things etc, than doing this reverse engineering stuff. No kidding. Nobody was legally persuated for the leaks or modification of source code for fixes. But for that other stuff yes obviously.

This is why I find it not such a problem if someone would have written stuff like an audio driver for the UC2 PC leak (with the provision that the source csounds would be put into uax files so it would skip the xbox audio stuff), but I was swiftly ridiculed by delacroix who also claimed it would be riscy and that he has spoken to someone who writes actual C++ code. Well, I don't write it because it requires all kind of bloat for it to compile, but I can still read C++ code and understand what is going in general. Some less, some more, it depends. I am not a 100 percent expert but I do understand the topic, but I am not "just" understanding the concepts like he wanted to spin it out.
Was at least something left after Digital Extremes lawsuited some guy? Company who was involved in Unreal/Tournament/Championship series? So Epic Games were not involved in it in past with that lawsuit? Did this guy never asked Digital Extremes about fanmade,unnofficial,nonpublic tech demo,open source not endorsed by Epic Games,Digital Extremes? Did some files database survived did at least something left after that lawsuit copyrights infringement DMCA violations including NDA violations of very old,outdated game engine? It looks like another thread was locked. So I made a new one. It looks like I wasn't fast enough to respond to previous thread topic post comment.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: Alleged unofficial fanmade open source nonpublic private revival of Unreal 1995 Tech Demo

Post by luke11685 »

luke11685 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:28 pm
There was a guy who reverse engineered the 1995 stuff and published everything, many years ago, however he was nearly sued or something, not from Epic, but I don't know how true it all was. If it was true then Digital Extremes was the party persuading that strtangely enough. However his work has led to some good stuff I believe even yrex took notes from his research.

Making a full game out of reverse engineering the UE 95 engine is only looking for trouble though. There will be less chance of a lawsuit if the leaked source code is being worked on in effort to fix things etc, than doing this reverse engineering stuff. No kidding. Nobody was legally persuated for the leaks or modification of source code for fixes. But for that other stuff yes obviously.

This is why I find it not such a problem if someone would have written stuff like an audio driver for the UC2 PC leak (with the provision that the source csounds would be put into uax files so it would skip the xbox audio stuff), but I was swiftly ridiculed by delacroix who also claimed it would be riscy and that he has spoken to someone who writes actual C++ code. Well, I don't write it because it requires all kind of bloat for it to compile, but I can still read C++ code and understand what is going in general. Some less, some more, it depends. I am not a 100 percent expert but I do understand the topic, but I am not "just" understanding the concepts like he wanted to spin it out.
Was at least something left after Digital Extremes lawsuited some guy? Company who was involved in Unreal/Tournament/Championship series? So Epic Games were not involved in it in past with that lawsuit? Did this guy never asked Digital Extremes about fanmade,unnofficial,nonpublic tech demo,open source not endorsed by Epic Games,Digital Extremes? Did some files database survived did at least something left after that lawsuit copyrights infringement DMCA violations including NDA violations of very old,outdated game engine? It looks like another thread was locked. So I made a new one. It looks like I wasn't fast enough to respond to previous thread topic post comment.
Well it might be(IdTech1-didn't Epic Mega Games back then used such game engine-like aesthetics for Jazz Jackrabbit 1994 Bonus Stages and Sega Enterprises in Sonic CD Special Stages and Id Software in Doom 1,Doom 2,Wolfenstein 3D very old PC games)slightly different game engine,but(should I stay out of any trouble?)this Doom 2 game mod Jazz is in Doom. Didn't cause any copyrighted issues.
In past in since estimate circa Anno Domini of 1993 Epic Games even published Ken's Labirynth. I've noticed some typos by the way. According to some documentary Jaleco Entertainment or Game Titans wanted to lawsuit in 2002 Jazz2Online Community Forum Server.

That's what I saw and heard of guys. Speaking of lawsuits. Years later Epic Games removed Jazz Jackrabbit 1 Windows Phone port in 2011(future past at the same time not present days exactly). Someone on Twitter asked Cliff Bleszinski how Jazz Jackrabbit series were made.
How to extract 3D models and 3D animations and import/export it in Blender and import it(pack it)back to Unreal 1995 Tech Demo? Speaking of this demo woman.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: Alleged unofficial fanmade open source nonpublic private revival of Unreal 1995 Tech Demo

Post by luke11685 »

Is it? I mean was it made more like in this Youtube video? Speaking of nostalgic retro game engines(I guess aesthetics were also used in Sonic Mania Special Stages,Sonic CD,Toy Story,Duke Nukem 3D...etc.).

I guess aethetics were similar to Minecraft.
I guess just like in Shia LeBouf's motivational speech me reinterpreting his words"Just Do It!"...etc.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

So why can't I open vertrot file(source code) rewritten by me(originally that guy user Bisqwuit did it I mean that tutorial YouTube video-companies such as Epic Mega Games and Apogee Software/3D Realms in past did it first perhaps NASA(in 1970's I guess in the past) was first),right guys?
I downloaded and installed Dosbox PC emulator on Microsoft Windows 10 modern operating system.
https://bisqwit.iki.fi/jutut/kuvat/prog ... ertrot.bas
I need some help here guys,please?
As you see here and there something went wrong. Not like I planned.
Like what’s wrong with it?
I was just trying to mąkę game engine from scratch. New beginning,brand new start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Anyway thread topic thread was closed so I made a new one and I quoted Leo T.C.K. instead.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I made a typo instead of make I typed mąkę(in polish to english word translation it means flour)my bad.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Locking this thread as it's just more spam ...

Return to “Unreal Engine 1 and 2”