For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Old Unreal master server issues with Nerf ArenaBlast

Fast paced family friendly oldskool <s>deathmatch</s> pointblast.
Rajada
OldUnreal Member

Old Unreal master server issues with Nerf ArenaBlast

Post by Rajada »

I set up Nerf ArenaBlast to use all 5 multi-game servers. All receive my game fine, but only 2 of them respond to Nerf ArenaBlast's query properly. master.oldunreal and master.errorist work fine (yes my ini is set up 100% properly, I have triple checked), but master2.oldunreal, noccer and 333networks hang during refresh. Here is an error produced by master2.oldunreal:

Log: Resolved master2.oldunreal.com (84.139.203.248)
ScriptLog: UBrowserGSpyLink: Master Server is master2.oldunreal.com:28900
ScriptLog: Timed out in master server protocol. Waiting for ip\ in state 3

That's probably not a very helpful error message, but does anyone have any idea why there would be this incompatibility in 3 of the master servers?
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Old Unreal master server issues with Nerf ArenaBlast

Post by Smirftsch »

I am not sure right now if I set up master2 correctly to support Nerf, maybe this is causing the problem. Will check this.

[edit]no, it's not that. Will ask Darkelarious, but I think I am not running the lastest version of the masterserver, although, 333 should be definitely the latest.[/edit]
Last edited by Smirftsch on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Rajada
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rajada »

Well, sorry to necro bump this but the working master servers swapped around, and now only 333networks works in NAB. Not sure what the heck is going on there.
Last edited by Rajada on Mon May 29, 2017 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rajada
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rajada »

Okay, I've resolved parts of the issue myself, and now only oldunreal2 gives me a communication timeout. However, my log indicates that I get a ping timeout from my server, which is odd since I'm hosting it on the same machine I'm joining from. The server is still functional and joinable however.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

master2 is running on a very old small box, I thought I enabled everything, but can check again.
And yes, such odd behavior I've seen quite a few times when joining from the same machine as the server is hosted.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.

Return to “Nerf Arena Blast”