For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Introducing Mobile Forces and searching for help!

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to Mobile Forces here.
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Introducing Mobile Forces and searching for help!

Post by AUGE »

Hello, I'm new here and our little community are trying to find any information about Mobile Forces (pc game) missing maps, files and mods. I just noticed that Mobile Forces isn't in the other unreal game list. We have developed quite many maps and mods yet, but we know there are much better possibilities in this. So any old files, tutorial or help about Mobile Forces would be great. By this time we are searching for a special plugin that can be installed to 3ds Max so you can create wehicles. I hope I can hear something from you soon! :)
han
Global Moderator

Re: Introducing Mobile Forces and searching for help!

Post by han »

I stumbled across Mobile Forces when searching for other UE1 games, but i just have the two demos. Although the content didn't seem that great, the engine build it uses seems rather powerful with terrain, vehicles and shit.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

Yes, the game has perfect vehicle physics, tha's why we want to add more vehicles, perhaps some1 still have 3ds max with that plugin I told before. The mf documentation talks about it, but by today no further founds.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Uhm yeah, well. Maybe you can point out what is actually official available for mobile forces. I know of two demos. Are there official patches? How about localized versions? Is there some SDK or nothing? Does it ship with Editor and such?

However, maybe (early) Unreal Engine 2 documentation might be helpful for that game as it looks like a pretty late UE1 or early UE2 build (or a mix of both, as there is nothing like the end of UE1 and start of UE2).
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

I don't remember the original contet, but there was a working site mobileforces.com, unfortunatelly I started playing mf full version in 2013, after the master server shutdown. My friend who used to play on live online servers, told me he had many mods and additional conetnt, but not the plugin for 3ds max :/ . I'm sending the original documentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e22lkuyl6os4m ... n.zip?dl=0
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Quite interessting read, however it states that you can also copy the collision file of another vehicle and edit that.
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

How to do this? Sorry idk, really :/
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

It's possible to edit using notepad, but it's really difficult without knowing what is what :/
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

Any information about programming and modeling would be great
Dozey
OldUnreal Member

Post by Dozey »

If you have facebook, there is a group of members still making something about  Mobile Forces and the Counter Strike Source mod Mobilce Forces Source.
Here you go:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mobilef ... s/?fref=ts

Also, I was trying to do something with convertion of the mofo vehicles to u1, but with no results: maybe from that reason, that nobody was able to help me with it.

EDIT:
Mofo is using heavily modified Unreal Engine 1. Vehicle Physics are coded by this same guy, who made the vehicle physics for GTA Vice City. Still, Actor classes, are almost the same as in Unreal 1, so you can edit them with no difficult. For example, I converted mortar spawner for mofo, with replacing spawned projectiles, and in the other direction from mofo to u1: spark generator. Simple codes. But if you want to edit someting precisely, then you need to become acquainted with these heavier modifications: you need help of a great coder like Dot's, Z-Enzyme or someone else, or even you need to ask anybody from the Rage's studio.
Last edited by Dozey on Sun May 24, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

Thank you for your answer, but I'm already a member of that group and I head that some guy from gta created a bit of mobile forces. I hope I can use what you said and I will be waiting for more sources and help :)
Lurker
OldUnreal Member

Post by Lurker »

Mobile Forces Demo can be download from fileplanet, 74.1 MB only, dated 7th May 2002:
[url]http://www.fileplanet.com/86157/80000/fileinfo/Updated-Mobile-Forces-Demo[/url]
I will be waiting for more sources and help :)
What are you looking for exactly? To create your own vehicles for Mobile Forces or to port/convert the MoFo vehicles to another UE1-based game?

Please describe in detail. Perhaps I can help you...
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

We would like to create new vehicles to mobile forces. There must abe a program, a plugin or other way to create some vehicles.
AUGE
OldUnreal Member

Post by AUGE »

We are still waiting for help with adding new vehicles to the mobile forces :-/
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I looked and it seems creating vehicles is easy for mobile forces, I mean there are unused types including a plane so as long as you make the mesh it should be easy to implement with the vehicle/physics system.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Nice news!
Never checked it.

Return to “Mobile Forces”