It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com
So the game installation executable will fail to run on modern systems (Windows 10) and will give a "Error executing program! (31)" error.
1. Boot into Linux and install the latest stable Wine (for Ubuntu see https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu ).
2. Use Wine to install KHG off the CD using this guide - https://fdossena.com/?p=khg/index.frag - (do not try and install the Indeo codec yet). If you want to watch the intro movie (recommended) then play the movie file on the CD using your player.
3. Copy the entire KHG directory across to one of your windows drives or make sure you can access the files from Windows.
4. Reboot into Windows.
5. To install the Indeo codec, in an admin command prompt, enter "cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64" then "regsvr32 ir50_32.dll" - https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/topi ... indows-10/
6. Now to get a fully working renderer install this custom OpenGL driver - https://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2 ... 2321/29#29
7. Update "khg.ini" using - http://files.michaelzfreeman.org/Khg.ini - The "[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]" may need to be adjusted but "UseCDMusic=False" and "UseDigitalMusic=True" need to be set to that to make the updated music in the maps play.
8. Set your resolution in "[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]" section of Khg.ini.
Now you can start KHG ("system\khg.exe" in the game directory).
There is a Directx 10 renderer but it is buggy - https://github.com/SuiMachine/khg-d3d10drv - You might want to report any issues to the developer.
Qapla' ! 8-)
- Similar Topics
- Last post