For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

mouse: logitech mx400

Hardware & Driver related problems
blaze_125
OldUnreal Member

mouse: logitech mx400

Post by blaze_125 »

I just got a new mouse yesterday and unreal won't recognize all of it's button.  When I try to attach a button to a command, it just doesn't do anything.

On the new mouse I've got like 7 buttons:
Left/Right
2 On the side
The track ball can go roll back and forth
The track ball can also be pressed, pushed left, pushed right

Unreal will only recognize left/right, trackball back/forth

Anyone know how I could get the other buttons to work?
Last edited by blaze_125 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Re: mouse: logitech mx400

Post by DieHard SCWS »

In case you didnt, you could install the drivers for that specific mouse. And see if that will work out for you..........
blaze_125
OldUnreal Member

Post by blaze_125 »

I have.
I even tried enabling/disabling the game recognition feature and it doesn't seem to do any good.

Could I actually write the bind somewhere in a file?

I'm playing UnrealGold if it makes a difference.
Last edited by blaze_125 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieHard SCWS
Global Moderator

Post by DieHard SCWS »

I doubt it matters at all if you have plain unreal or UnrealGold. But there is a file in your systemfolder called user.ini that has all the keybinds.

You can simply open that file using notepad, and make any alteration to that file as much as you want. Theres only one prob.......... You dont know how Unreal sees the extra buttons from you mouse. I asume if you would know them, than mayby you could add them to the list in the ini file, and attach a keybind to it. But how on earths name your gonna find out what the possible name could be, i have no clue.

And that is probably the base of your problem, i asume Unreal can handle them just fine, it just doesnt recognise the extra buttons as being a button. And than the same storie aplies to what i wrote just above here. Somehow you need to tell Unreal you want to use them..........

But if you know what the buttons do in Winblows, maybe assign your keybind to those functions and see if that does the trick.

You may wanna make a backup from your User.ini just in case you mess it up completelly, though Unreal(Gold) will recreate a brandnew User.ini from scratch if you delete the file. Nothing too bad can happen there.
blaze_125
OldUnreal Member

Post by blaze_125 »

Theres only one prob.......... You dont know how Unreal sees the extra buttons from you mouse
That's my other problem if I end up editing the file.
Maybe I hould try to re-install the mouse using the Windows driver.
blaze_125
OldUnreal Member

Post by blaze_125 »

ok, I think I may have found how to fix my problem:
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6119&p_created=1169494410&p_sid=2GEnwLGi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjUmcF9wcm9kcz04NDQsODQ2LDE1ODEmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTMuMTU4MSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0z&p_li=&p_topview=1

I'll have to try that when I get home.
Sally Cabil

Post by Sally Cabil »

I just got a new mouse yesterday and unreal won't recognize all of it's button.  When I try to attach a button to a command, it just doesn't do anything.

On the new mouse I've got like 7 buttons:
Left/Right
2 On the side
The track ball can go roll back and forth
The track ball can also be pressed, pushed left, pushed right

Unreal will only recognize left/right, trackball back/forth

Anyone know how I could get the other buttons to work?

In this case,you will first install the driver for specific mouse,if it does not work then read the guidance book..... 
creavion
OldUnreal Member

Post by creavion »

You have necrobumped a 4 years old thread.
UT99.org Community Mappack 2:
http://www.ut99.org/utr/infopage.html
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

necrobump aside this can only be fixed with 227 and using direct input, which makes the game act all weird, so basically it's not a great idea. Use autohotkey to replace the keys with something, well, useful

Return to “Hardware & Drivers”