For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Critical Error:General Protection Fault...UT:GOTY

Hardware & Driver related problems
Nick
OldUnreal Member

Critical Error:General Protection Fault...UT:GOTY

Post by Nick »

Ok guys. This is my 3rd computer that I have tried to get this working on and ofcourse all my friends' computer it works on fine but I have yet to get this game to work since the old days. Here the error I get everytime with all of the video devices. Also, I tried installing the UnrealPatch227d but it is saying that I need Unreal installed first, it is...
Anywhere, here is the error and I'd LOVE help!

[img]http://i29.tinypic.com/2wnvhiq.jpg[/img]
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)
Memory: 3070MB RAM
Hard Drive: 398 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Audio [8C00]
Speakers/Headphones: Bose Series 2 and Medusa Home Edition Headphones
Keyboard: Logitech Duo
Mouse: Logitech Trackball
Mouse Surface: None
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Nick
OldUnreal Member

Re: Critical Error:General Protection Fault...UT:GOTY

Post by Nick »

Well I got it to run. Closed everything on my start-up. Now to figure out what is conflicting. Is that 227Patch related to GOTY? If not, are there any graphics updates for GOTY?
Thanks!
.:..:
OldUnreal Member

Post by .:..: »

Unreal 227 patch is for UNREAL, not UnrealTournament! They are 2 different games.
1823223D2A33224B0 wrote:...and now im stuck trying to fix everything you broke for the next 227 release xD :P
(ಠ_ಠ)
Nick
OldUnreal Member

Post by Nick »

rgr thanks

Return to “Hardware & Drivers”