For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Disney's Brother Bear

Join Kenai and Koda on their journey.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Disney's Brother Bear

Post by Smirftsch »

[img]http://coding.hanfling.de/sshot_bb.png[/img]

Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%27 ... eo_game%29

Developer:
KnowWonder

Engine version:
433 (Unicode)

Some nice read about how to enable debug mode, remaining contents of the previous KnowWonder games titles.
https://tcrf.net/Disney%27s_Brother_Bear_%28Windows%29
Last edited by Smirftsch on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
han
Global Moderator

Re: Disney's Brother Bear

Post by han »

Engine history:
It looks pretty much like it is technically be the third KnowWonder harry potter game, and seems to be just slightly adjusted to fit the needs for Brother Bear.
They use a heavily modified UE1, with tons of harry potter related changes applied to Engine package.

Editing Brother Bear:
Biggest downside is that there is neither an UCC, UnrealEd included but the Editor package. So i made up an UCC which can be used for that game, so one can use the make, batchexport, etc. commandlet.

An even bigger downside is that the UnrealScript sources were stripped out most packages, while it was just kept for Core, Engine and Editor package and using some trick to hooked in a wrapper around the class exporter, so i succeded in extracting their source using batchexport. Also I can extract the defaultproperties for the classes with stripped source, which could be combined with some 3rd party decompilation tool.
Best way to start is probably trying reconstruct the source out of the UWindow.u, as for this package sources exist in other games, so it should be reasonable to do so.

So why I'm talking and doing stuff for that game? It has simply some beautiful assets and i like the overall style of the game. Also it has pretty good lipsynch, skeletal animations, etc. and the trees and bushes do really look great for an UnrealEngine 1 game. So the tricks they used for making these could probably be applied to other UE1 games mods.

I'll upload later the UCC and the source/defprop source i already extracted.
Last edited by han on Mon May 11, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
Gizzy
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gizzy »

Not at my PC at the moment, but has anyone tried to give it the umodel treatment yet? If it doesn't work, I'll try ask gildor to add support.
スマイル・ドラゴン
OldUnreal Member

Post by スマイル・ドラゴン »

This software is a trade secret of Epic MegaGames, Inc. and Erik de Neve.
Use of this software is only permitted under the Unreal non-disclosure and
licensing agreements.  All distribution prohibited.
Please report any violations to help@epicgames.com.
BRIGHT was a "trade secret"...?
“I am the dragon without a name.”
Ðàrk-_¦_-Ñïght.: / κυνικός Δράκων / スマイル・ドラゴン / Draco Nihil
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Did you upload the ucc/stuff yet for this btw?
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Nope, not yet. Actually haven't really touched it since.

I think headers would be more or less okay for a release, not great, but a start. The OpenGLDrv src i have in there still misses distance fog implementation.

Otherwise it would be nice to have a decompiler for the unrealscript there. ~
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Nope, not yet. Actually haven't really touched it since.

I think headers would be more or less okay for a release, not great, but a start. The OpenGLDrv src i have in there still misses distance fog implementation.

Otherwise it would be nice to have a decompiler for the unrealscript there. ~
Alright. Yes indeed it would have. Does unrealed work with this after one copies it or not at all btw? I didn't try. I have found a czech localized version only, though I'd actually prefer it in english but there was no way to switch the language unfortunately for the release I have.

It does btw include czech voiceacting, czech splash screen logos and all. 

EDIT: Editor does crash :/
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

zeur remarks:
czech voiceacting
No Karel in there, though :(
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

Regarding the editor, at least for Nerf a replacement editor ui is certainly needs to happen this year. However it is a bit vague about what changes have been done to the Editor.dll code while UnrealEd2 UI was added to the engine, so there might be some subilities to work around or find different ways to access the stuff.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Did you publish the editor since? Just wondering. Not that I have use for it now, but it should be made avaiable.

Return to “Disney's Brother Bear”