For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

UndEd Sound Issues

Please add information, maps, mods, links or anything else related to Clive Barker's Undying here.
Amran
OldUnreal Member

UndEd Sound Issues

Post by Amran »

I've been having an issue with the sound in the editors for Undying and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to solve the issue.

When using the editor sounds do not play (ambient sounds when realtime preview is enabled, sounds in the sound browser), but upon clicking on certain UI elements (opening a drop down menu, resizing one of the actor property windows) the sound works. As soon as the menu is is closed or the mouse button is released, the sound goes back to being silent.

This occurs in both UndEd and UndEd2 under Windows 7 x64 and Windows XP using the GOG install and an install from the original retail disc. Is this a known issue that someone has found a fix for?
Last edited by Amran on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
han
Global Moderator

Re: UndEd Sound Issues

Post by han »

I can confirm this on Windows 7 x64.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
Amran
OldUnreal Member

Re: UndEd Sound Issues

Post by Amran »

It's been some time since starting this topic, and I just recently took another look in the hope of finding information on this sound issue with Undying's editors.

I've had the chance to test using UndEd and UndEd2 on a selection of hardware including systems running Windows 10 x64, Windows 7 x64, and Windows XP x32, using both the original and GoG installations. The same issue is present for each.

It seems that the problem might be related to more than one sound playing at the same time (more than one effects channel being used?) as I've noticed that a single sound will play without issue, but as soon as a second sound overlaps the first, that's where the audio stops working.

It would still be great to have a solution for this. I'm starting to think that it's been a common problem for some time although I haven't been able to find any further information on it.

Return to “Clive Barker's Undying”