For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

I've retired my Unreal Gold but will still visit here.

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Buster
Global Moderator

I've retired my Unreal Gold but will still visit here.

Post by Buster »

Today I posted this on Facebook:

I just did a marathon session of Unreal Gold, enhanced with full HD textures and skins, and all of the 227 goodies. It looked fantastic, and played like the classic it is, but for me it wasn't the same as I remember. Unreal is missing the old Mars gang. All of the regular players, the rivalries of the original clans, and the founding of one of the first online gaming communities. It was a rush. Unreal is not quite the same for me, anymore. I've done the final update to my Unreal Gold site, I've done an enhanced HD run of the story, and I've recently played my ZahltagOps map on it's own dedicated server. I'm a happy man. It's been an Unreal 20 years. So, I've uninstalled my Unreal Gold. It's time for both of us to retire. It's been my pleasure to contribute my small part to making Unreal a great game, even 20 years later.

I will continue to check up on the Oldunreal Forums daily, like I have for years and year, but I have to uninstall Unreal. If I don't I'll end up spending another decade in front of the editor, and I'm getting too old for long hours of staring at a grid filled with a tangle of lines. Time to give The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt a run.
Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
:-)_~
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Re: I've retired my Unreal Gold but will still visit here.

Post by Krull0r »

Hey Buster sad to hear you uninstalled Unreal. But It's okay as long you did not burn your game CD :)

In a few years you can revisit Unreal for a new singleplayer experience. I'm still developing and working on Unreal Redux and other fantastic singleplayer mods are in development which are very promising!

Take care my friend!
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Sad to see this, but of couse we all have our time away from the game.
I hope the need for more Unreal will call you back.
You must construct additional pylons.
ahaigh01
OldUnreal Member

Post by ahaigh01 »

Sometimes you gotta! Thanks for all your contributions to the community. :)
wfank30
OldUnreal Member

Post by wfank30 »

Sad to here you leave, I did the exact opposite, I have "come out of retirement" after a 7 years gap, originally played the game 2001-2013, now in 2021 after 20 years of me buying the original game, I am playing with your great 227i patch. Maybe you can come back after a break.... But yes its true everything ends. You were a cool and respected player Buster.

Return to “Anything else ?”