For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Chances of Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4 revival

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Chances of Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4 revival

Post by luke11685 »

I'm just wondering is Epic Games studio able to focus on more than one game project which means more than Fortnite Battle Royale(prototype wasn't so popular). I wish Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4(I've got this feeling that they don't want to do anything with these games) would make founder and CEO of Epic Games Tim Sweeney rich like billionaire I guess thanks to help of their Chinese investors Tencent.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Chances of Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4 revival

Post by Hellkeeper »

I'm just wondering is Epic Games studio able to focus on more than one game project
They probably could if they were small scale. They already have a huge thing going with Fortnite and that's bringing in loads of cash.
which means more than Fortnite Battle Royale(prototype wasn't so popular).
I remember Fortnite being insanely popular from the start, what's that about?
I wish Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4(I've got this feeling that they don't want to do anything with these games) would make founder and CEO of Epic Games Tim Sweeney rich like billionaire
Jazz Jackrabbit is barely a footnote and nobody remembers it at Epic. The first one was popular 26 years ago and the second one was a flop. It's so oldschool it was taught by Plato himself and though that's not a bad thing, it's irrelevant to today's market.
UT4 was completely mismanaged and missed the time window when arena shooters briefly enjoyed moderate renewed interest. Arena fast FPS games have been a niche genre for more than a decade and the game would have been free anyway, so either or both games would have made them something like 0.12$.
Meanwhile, Tim Sweeney is already a billionaire.
I guess thanks to help of their Chinese investors Tencent.
?
Last edited by Hellkeeper on Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You must construct additional pylons.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Hellkeeper wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:20 pm
I'm just wondering is Epic Games studio able to focus on more than one game project
They probably could if they were small scale. They already have a huge thing going with Fortnite and that's bringing in loads of cash.
I wish Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4(I've got this feeling that they don't want to do anything with these games) would make founder and CEO of Epic Games Tim Sweeney rich like billionaire
Jazz Jackrabbit is barely a footnote and nobody remembers it at Epic. The first one was popular 26 years ago and the second one was a flop. It's so oldschool it was taught by Plato himself and though that's not a bad thing, it's irrelevant to today's market.
UT4 was completely mismanaged and missed the time window when arena shooters briefly enjoyed moderate renewed interest. Arena fast FPS games have been a niche genre for more than a decade and the game would have been free anyway, so either or both games would have made them something like 0.12$.
?
I noticed some Jazz Jackrabbit graffiti somewhere on Epic Games North Carolina Headquarters.

But 9 years ago he left retired from Epic Games.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Hellkeeper wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:20 pm
?

Bob Iger(being Mickey Mouse as Disney CEO speaking of South Park Adult Swim jokes) saved Walter Disney's Oswald the Rabbit from(I would say Abondoned by Disney-it's not related to horror crappy creepypasta fanfiction stories nothing in common with that)Warner Bros.'s(creators of Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes child friendly cartoons-it's just retrospective nostalgia) Private Snafu also got forgotten.
Warren Spector made Epic Mickey 1 & 2,but just like Jazz Jackrabbit 3 Epic Mickey 3(because Disney Interactive,Junction were closed due to Disney Infinity for Nintendo Wii U) was cancelled. In some Jazz2Online forum server community Jazz Jackrabbit series documentary Jazz was inspired by Jaxxon the Rabbit from Star Wars very old 1977 comic books.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Please just...captain picard facepalms aren't enough for this. Its too much....
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

No problem.

Return to “Anything else ?”