For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

YouTube COPPA

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

YouTube COPPA

Post by luke11685 »

There's a new problem.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: YouTube COPPA

Post by Kajgue »

Hey Luke,

Meant to look into COPPA at some point, haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll check it out later, thanks for sharing! :)
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

It seems american Youtube COPPA law will be equivalent with european Article 11 and 13.

It sounds more like sarcasm.
Which I'm not sure if I should trust creators of this video. Should we always trust mainstream media?

It's just a rap song.
han
Global Moderator

Post by han »

It's just a rap song.
I honestly didn't expect that to be on topic.
HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam. Löffels on Patreon.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

These policies are extremely vague. I got a totally uninteresting channel with some gaming and other vids which I did not make for youngsters but may still appeal to children.

I was so confused by the new rules that:
  • I first put everything on "not for kids", as I did not intend it for kids specifically.
  • Then I put everything as 18+ as I don't want kids to watch it under the new ruleset.
  • Then I put everything as 'for kids' because following the rules, it still may appeal to children.
So, that's where I end for now. COPPA is USA legislation and probably does not apply in Europe. But YouTube is still a USA company and their rules apply to all users of their platform. I'm not sure if users living outside of the USA would be subject to the fines.

YouTube tells me to contact a lawyer if unsure. But as far as I know this costs money, and I don't have a budget for this as my YT channel is just a hobby project. Neither I got a budget for forty-two-thousand-USA-dollar fines. So, everything "for kids" it will be.

Blame YT/Google/Alphabet and COPPA/USA lawmakers if you miss any YT features at my vids.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

But despite any continent everyone is using YouTube(inside and ouside USA) these days since 2005. Now I'm waiting about Grandday rap song or music-like meme about FTC's COPPA just like in case of Article 11 and 13,mentioning also repealed net neutrality by FCC...etc.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Net neutrality was fine. This just rules that ISPs may not prioritize one type of traffic (e.g. Netflix or Disney streaming) over the other (e.g. game servers and torrents).
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I'm just wondering what Ajit Pai was eating as snack while watching Game of Thrones. It kind of looked like chopped meat(like for spaghetti)instead of being actual chips with any flavor.

Return to “Anything else ?”