For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Banned on jazz2online community forum server and more

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Banned on jazz2online community forum server and more

Post by luke11685 »

I was banned on jazz2online forum community several days ago. It's sad that several years ago user JazzGruff/CloverGruff decided to stop making unofficial updates for Jazz Jackrabbit 3 alpha demo. I was also banned on vg resources and models-resource so I can't upload model assets. I asked on unreal engine forums if I can upload assets from jjios demo kismet udk tutorial and someone replied to me that there's no reason of doing it. I'm just wondering when Jazz Jackrabbit Epic Games licence for their IP will expire?
I asked some users on that forum however my answers I think are still not fully explained.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/communi ... ment/page2
Last edited by luke11685 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Re: Banned on jazz2online community forum server and more

Post by Hellkeeper »

Their licence for their IP will never expire because it's not a licence: they own the IP. They can give licences to others or not if they want but their own status is different.
I don't know what the current law on IP is in the US about softwares like this, but it should be pretty much infinite regarding our own lifetime.

Apart from this, I don't know what this thread is about. The thread you posted has very clear and precise answers to your questions. Nothing is left mysterious about that issue.
Last edited by Hellkeeper on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You must construct additional pylons.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

Yeah just like Valve Corporation still owns licence for Half-Life series,Portal series,Left 4 Dead series,Dota series,Team Fortress series,Counter Strike series,Gearbox Software Duke Nukem series,Bethesda Doom series,Wolfenstein series,Elder's Scrolls series,Fallout series,Commander Keen series,Insomniac Games Ratchet and Clank series,Activision Crash Bandicoot series,Spyro the Dragon series,right? Well I have some theories and speculations why I was banned on jazz2online. First of all I was mad at user JazzGruff that he left unofficial Jazz Jackrabbit 3 patched manual updates and he stopped being active there. Same for user thedarkhog he wanted old jazz jackrabbit 3 assets so badly that he's no longer active in that forum anymore. At first glance I was unable to make my own replica of portal room custom level map for jj3d at the first time so I posted that i can't do this(they didn't want me to post in someone's else thread admin prepared me new thread instead where I had priveleges to post whatever I want related to jazz jackrabbit fangame remakes),but I downloaded(from raw tutorial html file that I opened on my internet browser)this map then and my problems were solved. It seems I can't post there anymore even on vg resources forum. I even can't upload any jazz jackrabbit model assets from jj3d and jjios on models-resource anymore could they(on unreal marketplace,unreal engine forums at this time)delete some assets from jj3d,jjios if they told me there's no need to do it? Also because it's copyrighted material,right? At least I found earthbound forum called starmen.net and I posted there some screenshots in Brainstorm Central when everyone can post any random stuff related to any game assets.
Last edited by luke11685 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Heya Luke, I'm also kinda not sure on certain aspects to this thread ... But just keep in mind that oldunreal forums aren't really a medium in order to bring people into personal disputes but maybe i've misunderstood the context of this thread?

It just seems to be opening a can of worms though, because I don't know the situation going on in those communities or why they decided to ban you, but like i mentioned that this forum isn't a vector to get people involved in personal disputes.

Similar to the Tim Sweeny thread, I disagree extensively with Epic games' legacy of actions (if Tim is even involved? I'm not sure who I can say is responsible) or perhaps non-actions and the way they have treated the Unreal/UT community (though some recent stuff lately they've done has sortof facilitated stepping stones in order to rectify some of those things on the Unreal front), but even so because this website/forum/227 dev team has a kind of a confusing agreement with Epic, the site cannot get involved with any personal disputes.

Though sorry to hear that your experiences with some communities haven't been the best, I don't really understand the reasons why but hopefully those things can rectify themselves.
Last edited by Kajgue on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

My friend, I'm trying to understand what you're talking about and to have a conversation but it's pretty much impossible.
You must construct additional pylons.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

I was just banned and that's it. Are these the main reasons I was banned? I was also very paranoid about Article 11 and 13. User thedarkhognever responded to me even when he joined the j2o forum for a first time always ignoring me like Frederick Schreiber who kickbanned me permamently from his discord server. As I remember the reason was because it was server dedicated to 16 years old audience. I was talking too much about child friendly video games I played in past. His statement annoyed me by quoting IGN that Sonic was never good. The last time I was on that Slipgate Studios discord server was when I mentioned something about Pirates of Carribean. I don't understand why and how could this happened. It's also too complicated to me to understand it.
https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthr ... 325&page=7
It seems they also didn't like my opinion about Animaniacs reboot episode writers.
https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthr ... st&t=20355
I told them why I'm not satisfied that Tim Sweeney is enthusiastic about very popular indie games available on Epic Game Launcher/Store. You know what if Jazz Jackrabbit 2 sequel was never cancelled.
https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthr ... st&t=20056
It seems they didn't like my leaked private messages conversation with Epic Games CEO.
https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=20353
He also blocked me for unknown reasons on twitter too.Perhaps I shouldn't show him Doug Walker interview.
https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=20354
Also 3 years ago Bombshell motion capture actress it seems she deleted her Instagram account because she was no longer in nofications activity list. The last thing she said to me was that I'm the weirdest troll ever. I guess because I uploaded to Slipgate Studios facebook page redrawed Jill of the Jungle fanart.
https://www.jazz2online.com/jcf/showthread.php?t=20256
Anyway is there something wrong with Faceapp mobile application? It's for fun,right? User ShadowGPW/Ins0mnia also gended bended his face by using snapchat.
Did I tell you that couple of years ago Arjan Brusse's wife Saskia blocked me on twitter?
Well not only Tim Sweeney blocked me on Twitter,but Gabe Newell blocked me on Facebook too. I love his Steam anyway better than Epic Games Store.
Last edited by luke11685 on Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Okay,

But Luke this isn't the platform for this, the forums which you were banned/kicked from don't have anything to do with OldUnreal. These are things we can't just involve ourselves with here, nor are we involved with these sites.

Regardless of whether this is off-topic or not, OldUnreal isn't the place to conduct these sorts of things, all it would do is just cause more disarray.

I'm going to have to lock this topic.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Return to “Anything else ?”