For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Just some general thank you's

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Just some general thank you's

Post by gopostal »

The UT99 mapping contest is coming up and I've been writing the readme to go along with my contest entry. In doing so it occurred to me how much you guys have helped me over the years. This entry could never have been done without so much input from the community. In fact I'm quite sure I'm going to miss things that people helped with because there were so many questions answered and advices given.

UT99 may be the 'gatherin place' for UT but OldUnreal is the heart and soul of U-engine development. I've never felt belittled for asking some really dumb questions and someone has always come up with an answer. I just want you guys to know that it's deeply appreciated.

I'm proud of the work I've put into Battle Royale and it represents things done to the best of my ability. It's never going to stack up against real creators but that's fine. I'm very aware of my place, but I'm also happy to have a seat at the table to watch upper echelon debate and not feel 'less than' because I'm not at that level.

The contest entry may have my name on it but the truth is that there should be a list of names, almost a who's-who of OU. I just wanted you guys to know that I'm thankful for your help and guidance. Merry Christmas everyone :)
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Just some general thank you's

Post by Smirftsch »

Glad to be of service ;)
(and glad you are here)
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Rubie
OldUnreal Member

Post by Rubie »

The UT99 mapping contest is coming up and I've been writing the readme to go along with my contest entry. In doing so it occurred to me how much you guys have helped me over the years. This entry could never have been done without so much input from the community. In fact I'm quite sure I'm going to miss things that people helped with because there were so many questions answered and advices given.

UT99 may be the 'gatherin place' for UT but OldUnreal is the heart and soul of U-engine development. I've never felt belittled for asking some really dumb questions and someone has always come up with an answer. I just want you guys to know that it's deeply appreciated.

I'm proud of the work I've put into Battle Royale and it represents things done to the best of my ability. It's never going to stack up against real creators but that's fine. I'm very aware of my place, but I'm also happy to have a seat at the table to watch upper echelon debate and not feel 'less than' because I'm not at that level.

The contest entry may have my name on it but the truth is that there should be a list of names, almost a who's-who of OU. I just wanted you guys to know that I'm thankful for your help and guidance. Merry Christmas everyone  :)
Very well said , many think why OldUnreal still work on this old game to finetune the engine well this is the.reason "A. COMMUNITY THAT HOLDS TOGETHER" ! Where questions are answered at any time and yes we should be proud about everyone that.post over here :)
I have no signature :)
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

We are so great, I love us. I wish I was an outsider so I could properly admire us all.
You must construct additional pylons.
gopostal
OldUnreal Member

Post by gopostal »

Yeah, sorry guys. I made butter out of some really dank Kush and that stuff makes me love satan. Think I'll just stick with CBD.

I'm leaving it up though. There's some cringe to it but the main point is still valid.
I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

Return to “Anything else ?”