For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Troublin' "In-Real-Life" events

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Troublin' "In-Real-Life" events

Post by makemeunreal »

Hello there!

Every one of us had (or will have) very important milestones in their lives. The most important one for me has just appeared.
One I won't pass the way I did others in the past. I'll have to work very hard this time which will be a very difficult task for me as I've never been a "hard-worker" type.
Being born with a really-strong-mind is a blessed thing but it also carries the potential of a wrong self-esteem to form.

Unreal became my very own and only addiction of mine, so severe I often find myself checking all the different forums every few minutes. Unreal became a family-member here you know. There's pretty much no place around me where Unreal is not present. Which is okay as I found joy in it. But I'll really have to cut this passion for a while as I'll need every free seconds to reach the goal of my life I set.
A goal that will never be reached without fighting hard with mysef.

Some of you may already know the goal as it's pretty obvius. Most of you may bless this day as I'll cut myself away.
I had my fights and I'm still pretty sure that you guys should be more polite in order to get some fresh meat to the grinder. The community was very different back then when I joined. Been a "spectator" since 2003.

For those who are before their own milestones (regarding studies), a weaker but hard workin' mind will always surpass the natural talent that is accompanied with laziness.

Have fun guys!
Can't wait to see next year's "the day MMU left events" emergin' all over the community. :'D

Ps:. Always improve yourself, and learn as much stuff as you can. Grab every single bit of information as it makes you more valuable.
Do pursue your dreams!
Here's a car mechanic, surveyor, water-mechanic, wastewater-drinking water technician who's on it's way to become a veterinarian. Wish me luck as I'll need it. Hard times ahead. :'D
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Troublin' "In-Real-Life" events

Post by Smirftsch »

A lot of the things you said about Unreal count for me too and it helped me over a very hard time in some ways.
I'm sad you are leaving, if that is what you wanted to say- for me it's always some up and down and I surely had to reduce the time I spend here just because of the lack of time and energy. Still I am always happy to have this "family" forum here, despite all the drama we had already.
Yeah, the community changed, but it's us, we are community :) - it's a lot the people who leave making the change, not those who stay, unfortunately. Not that I wouldn't understand, though one has to take decisions, from time to time.

Maybe you can decide to still show up here now and then, which would be great. Either way, good luck to become a vet, surely a good job with good reasoning. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Krull0r
Global Moderator

Post by Krull0r »

It's always sad seeing a member leaving our community but real life is more important than Unreal.

I wish you the best and good luck in building your future.

You will be ever a part of our small Unreal family :)
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

Yeah, go ahead leaving this illusory escapist distraction world. ;)

At least you can, unlike... some people.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

Return to “Anything else ?”