For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Chelsea Manning: Obama reduces sentence of Wikileaks source

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Chelsea Manning: Obama reduces sentence of Wikileaks source

Post by Hyper »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38659068

Thank you Mr. President of the United States.
In my opinion Chelsea should never have been sentenced, but at least it will be over soon.

The Collateral Murder video is one of the things that Manning (Then Bradley) leaked.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Chelsea Manning: Obama reduces sentence of Wikileaks source

Post by Leo T_C_K »

He's not a president anymore but it's a good thing he did.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

He's not a president anymore but it's a good thing he did.
Trump will be installed this Friday. Obama could not have done this without presidential powers.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Well, truth is somethin' only a very tight circle of people know in it's pure form. And it may be better that way.
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Phew, that's a relief. Awesome to hear this has happened and the military industrial complex are silencing one less person about their atrocities.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well, truth is somethin' only a very tight circle of people know in it's pure form. And it may be better that way.
What? I knew it! You were their pawn all along!
So it was you who set up everything...
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Well, havin' a workin' society requires illusions to be made 'round.
[URL=http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/makemeunreal/media/0021_Kornyezetstragtegia_zpsbcysozrd.png.html][img]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/makemeunreal/0021_Kornyezetstragtegia_zpsbcysozrd.png[/img][/URL]
[smiley=happy.gif]
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well, havin' a workin' society requires illusions to be made 'round.
[URL=http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/makemeunreal/media/0021_Kornyezetstragtegia_zpsbcysozrd.png.html][img]http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/makemeunreal/0021_Kornyezetstragtegia_zpsbcysozrd.png[/img][/URL]
[smiley=happy.gif]
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Manning leaked hundreds of thousands of classified documents, the video of that crime was 1 thing that, sure, I'm glad is out there but that doesn't excuse how Manning did that.

Everyone tends to gloss over the treasonous aspect of what Manning did & the content of that scary number of classified documents that went to WikiLeaks.

I'm a huge fan of Obama... but not this decision. Manning did the crime and knew while doing it that prison for a very long time was the penalty.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Gaming strategy: Hug everything!
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

Manning leaked hundreds of thousands of classified documents, the video of that crime was 1 thing that, sure, I'm glad is out there but that doesn't excuse how Manning did that.

Everyone tends to gloss over the treasonous aspect of what Manning did & the content of that scary number of classified documents that went to WikiLeaks
Because to put it lightly, I guess that everything that goes on behind closed doors in the American government, the American military industrial complex and the central intelligence agency consist entirely of roses, butterflies and sunflowers. My country, and the rest of the western world are included in that (not that the eastern nations are much better either).

In your idea, is betraying "AMERICA .... *Sniffles while saluting*" in regards to its government, a bigger crime than what huge corporations, the world banks, the american/western world government and the central intelligence agency are doing for their own agenda?

You need to understand there's a huge difference between 'morality' and 'law', 'law' is designed by humans as a reflection of morality, but before it becomes that (if it ever would) it is subject to the wills and influence of the people which design them. Just because the government who made the law in question is 'American' does not make it ethical treason.
Last edited by Kajgue on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Everyone tends to gloss over the treasonous aspect of what Manning did & the content of that scary number of classified documents that went to WikiLeaks.

I'm a huge fan of Obama... but not this decision. Manning did the crime and knew while doing it that prison for a very long time was the penalty.
Yes and im sure going to war over bullshit premises is just a-ok. Even if everyone knew it was a load of shit
jaden88

Post by jaden88 »

If my country is doing shit that's clearly off the charts in terms of ethics or morality, I think the world should know about it. There is nothing (apple pie comes into view, American flag flaps slowly in the wind, an Eagle cries tears of joy) AMERICAN about gunning down crappity smacking civilians.

(With sincerity) Thanks, Obama!

Last edited by jaden88 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Well, your country did awful things, thinkin' 'bout "ultra-liberalism". Those things were in the news everybody saw 'em. Remember how awful Facebook celebrated back then.
Wake up and smell the ashes.

[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Newsflash: I didn't choose what "My country" did, a bunch of corrupt politicians who take bribes did. Wake up and smell the trash.
jaden88

Post by jaden88 »

Well, your country did awful things, thinkin' 'bout "ultra-liberalism". Those things were in the news everybody saw 'em. Remember how awful Facebook celebrated back then.

Liberals, conservatives, I don't care. Commit crimes against humanity and you're a POS in my book. I am not a "liberal apologist" though it does seem that you dichotomize anyone with an opposing viewpoint into the "liberal" bin. FYI: economically I'm very "conservative"
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Liberalism got twisted in meaning over time or at least what people think of it.

I really do wonder what mmu is planning though...looks like he set up everything and believes there's no....universal forces?!

Seems like he hates the US so much and tries to teach about "morals" himself. Hmm, where did I see that before?

EDIT: Oh yes. Apparently.

http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1484936110/2#2
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Because to put it lightly, I guess that everything that goes on behind closed doors in the American government, consist entirely of roses, butterflies and sunflowers.
Hey! Do not mock our butterflies!!
In your idea, is betraying "AMERICA .... in regards to its government, a bigger crime than what huge corporations, the world banks, the american/western world government and the central intelligence agency are doing for their own agenda?
So nice to see you taking this seriously. /sarcasm

It's not my idea, it's the literal definition. Though it could be argued he didn't betray America at all, he most certainly betrayed the military. When you're sworn into service there are oaths you take, all of which he violated by doing what he did.

If this had been 50 years ago there'd be no need of a trial. Back in the day betraying the military was decided by an on the spot firing squad... so Manning got off light there.

He knew that when he betrayed his oaths, when he snuck secret documents out of where they were and gave them to wikileaks he was committing treason. You can go on and on about my definition of things, but Manning knew it was treason while he was doing it. Just because he is now a she and she can't handle what she did while she was still a he doesn't mean we should ease off of the jail sentence that he so richly deserved.
You need to understand there's a huge difference between 'morality' and 'law'
No, what I'm aware of is there's a big difference between The Law & Justice... but if you wanna drag morality in on this, fine. What Manning did from a moral perspective was 100% justified, insofar as that 1 video of that crime committed. It doesn't justifiy the hundreds of thousands of unrelated documents to that crime he gave to WikiLeaks in the slightest.

That said though, even the 100% justified thing on the grounds of morality? Manning knew for a fact he would be in jail for a very long time because of that, and I see no reason he shouldn't stay in jail for something he did that he knew would keep him in jail.

It's not like the movies where the hetro commits treason and then gets to not pay the penality for his crime because he did such a moral and just thing. Well, unless you go with those Wesley Snipes' films where he commits treason for all the right reasons but he has to stat in a foreign country or be locked away forever.

Y'know. Like Snowden.
Just because the government who made the law in question is 'American' does not make it ethical treason.
I'm not arguing ethical treason. I'm not a lawyer... but be it ethical treason or morally justified treason, it's still treason.
Yes and im sure going to war over bullshit premises is just a-ok. Even if everyone knew it was a load of shit
No argument here, we shouldn't have been over there in the first place. In the grand scheme of bullshit wars, that one was like dinosaur-sized bullshit.
There is nothing (apple pie comes into view, American flag flaps slowly in the wind, an Eagle cries tears of joy) AMERICAN about gunning down crappity smacking civilians.
Totally agree with you.
My country did indeed do terrible things, I watch the news everyday and have got Twitter tweeting me world news from all over when I'm nowhere near a TV or radio. It's all very sucky and i'm quite aware of that.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Gaming strategy: Hug everything!
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by makemeunreal »

Well, I was wrong. It wasn't 'merica or 'merican people who did those things but liberalism in it's mutated wretched form.

I'm in love with 'merica to be honest.
jaden88

Post by jaden88 »

liberalism in it's mutated wretched form.
/thread

Return to “Anything else ?”