For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

An android app similar to unreal

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
gustavowoltmann01

An android app similar to unreal

Post by gustavowoltmann01 »

Hi eveyone my name is Gustavo Woltmann and I am working in a private publishers company for more than 10 years. Do we have an unreal android app available for downloading? Or any android app similar to unreal?
makemeunreal
OldUnreal Member

Re: An android app similar to unreal

Post by makemeunreal »

No, not really. Don't know if you could run the DC version of UT on an Android-DC emulator tho.

Edit 1.: SPAMBOT CONFIRMED
Last edited by makemeunreal on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

No, Unreal 1 is not available for Android and OldUnreal does not have the legal rights to do so. And considering Unreal has x86 assembly code, it will be quite a job to change this to ARM processor code.

So, you're asking it in the wrong place. Ask Epic games. An the answer is probably: No, never going to happen. (If you get an answer there at all)
Last edited by Hyper on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
BobIsUnreal
OldUnreal Member

Post by BobIsUnreal »

Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

No, Unreal 1 is not available for Android and OldUnreal does not have the legal rights to do so. And considering Unreal has x86 assembly code, it will be quite a job to change this to ARM processor code.

So, you're asking it in the wrong place. Ask Epic games. An the answer is probably: No, never going to happen. (If you get an answer there at all)
oh, I have already a Linux ARM port done, I have no permissions whatsoever to do any ports to Android- or even OSX (which I already made a port for as well).
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Skywolf
OldUnreal Member

Post by Skywolf »

Why? Why are you allowed to port the game to Linux but not Android or Mac OSX? Is Epic too afraid to sell a few more copies on GoG to people that use macs or something? And android is build on Linux anyway. So this kinda sounds like not being allowed to port the game to Linux Mint but Ubuntu would be fine....
I hate it when people ask me what my favorite game is. Just try to explain you're not talking about Unreal Tournament ::).
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

Publishing reasons for Mac OS, I'm almost certain. Unreal was never launched as a product to *nix, but it was for mac os.

You could ask them, but they
Don't have the bandwidth
to answer you.

Also android is basically java
Last edited by []KAOS[]Casey on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

exactly, the Linux ARM port is almost running on Android ARM already, while almost means the different toolchain only, which could be handled.
However, such a "native" port does only run with a rooted device (and probably copying some additional files like busybox or something) and not as app which are usually, as Casey pointed out already, Java. I have no idea how this could be integrated correctly, with Java as frontend maybe, if possible at all. Then there are not only ARM devices, Intel is also having some CPU's out there.

So to make it work at all is one thing, to make a proper port as real app, especially without having to root the device is a completely different story.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Another spambot? I thought for a moment that dustin re-registered but nope.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Removed them.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

The first new post was spambot too? I mean that one could have been genuine because it said something like you won't be able to use Unreal. The second one was bot for sure though.
Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Post by Hellkeeper »

Except the first post had tiny link embeded on a dot that took you to some bullshit site.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hellkeeper wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:53 pm Except the first post had tiny link embeded on a dot that took you to some bullshit site.
Didn't notice that as I usually don't assume dots are going to link anywhere lol.
dustine79

Post by dustine79 »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:16 pm
Hellkeeper wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:53 pm Except the first post had tiny link embeded on a dot that took you to some bullshit site.
Didn't notice that as I usually don't assume dots are going to link anywhere lol.
I think you need to locked this thread so you don't have to face more spambot posts.

Return to “Anything else ?”