For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Favourite kill?

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
TheDuke

Favourite kill?

Post by TheDuke »

I saw a video recently of a guy in Battlefield take out 6 or seven of the other team with one grenade. Made me think of a question.

What has been your favourite kill in any FPS game and why?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: Favourite kill?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I remember so many satysfying strange kills, so it's hard to think of something specific. So many times in Unreal or even the spinoff games. Or even games like Far Cry when having the vehicle drop off something to kill someone or push stuff over to water, things like that. There's just so many to think of and I'd be able to talk more in detail if it was ages ago.

Of course, when it comes to pure kills, games like Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior stand out from the rest. Unreal had some creative things on killing, but sadly the most satysfying stuff was cut from the game, the melee attacks and graphics like arterial blood spray sprites which were found in some old files but I haven't seen them in action in actual game version.

I shouldn't forget Rise of The Triad either.
Last edited by Leo T_C_K on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

It probably involves Unreal Tournament's [UT99] Redeemer and a MoMoMoMonsterKillKillKill. Man, that thing was epic.
Last edited by Hyper on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Kajgue
Global Moderator

Post by Kajgue »

A strategy I like to use in certain games with a light machinegun is, if I know another player is waiting around a corner, to just take advantage of my humongous clipsize and continuously shoot at the corner until he feels too confused and anxious to keep waiting there, runs out and smacks right into a wall of my travelling bullets.
AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

That one (thousandth) time where I teamkilled, then baited the same person by aggravating them into shooting me killing myself immediately afterwards which counted as a teamkill for them multiple times. Which results in their automatic temporary ban for team killing.

:)

Return to “Anything else ?”