For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Movie idea/dream

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Movie idea/dream

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Hi,
I had a pretty realistic/complex dream about a trailer for a new movie that looked like it might even somehow fit within the Unreal universe (or maybe not), but still similar enough.

There were some known actors among the bunch. It featured a rag-tag-along team of people and there was unpredictability who would get killed off next. It was some kind of simulated environment or partially, as in it had that kind of feel to it as if you combined movies like "Cube" where there's like test participants in the whole thing, but the environments were realistic and there were experimental weapons employed in the warfare. They also had special suits given to them at the start to be able to adapt to the environment.

Just like the Unreal novel story "hard crash" you never know who dies the next, or well when it comes to TV series "Lost" had that similar feel of unpredictability.

Either way one of the weapons is firing electrical "arcs" in a triangle shape and can basically cut people like a saw. This could be adapted for an Unreal weapon as well. It certainly had a coil feel to it the whole thing. I dunno what the altfire would be, just a continuous stream of energy or something?

I remember one of the actors being Colin Farrel (in the dream), but there were others. Maybe John Travolta would also make appearance (not as his confused self) or Russel Crowe but I'm just shooting in the air now with this.

One of the characters get unexpectedly killed by friendly fire using that triangle-firing weapon that brings them victory but also the loss of a friend. That's what I can tell you. I have no clue how it was called or anything. Just that I had this dream.

Btw I never watched "ready player one" or read the novel so I don't know if there are any similarities, probably not as it wasn't really violent stuff was it?

While here there's tons of violence and gore.

Return to “Anything else ?”