For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

car accident

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

car accident

Post by Leo T_C_K »

The landlord had a car accident. They towed in the car and it was...a piece of shit unrecognizable wreck. I've never seen it before. It was such a shiny car before and now it was unrecognizable hulk, bent out of shape, it somehow looked worse to me than those car corpses in the later unreal games.

So that's what the emergency and sirens were about i figured when they called over the public broadcast the firemen all around.

Yea those relatively modern cars are all shiny and shit but they don't last when something happens, they bend so ridiculously out of shape and everything.

I don't know what the future holds now, the guy was taken by a helicopter out of the car wreckage and he might never walk again if he gets out of this alive.

There was police and some of the towing guys were former friends of the guy, but yea he didn't have many current friends due to his unreliability and attitudes.

So yea unlike the last accident its not just some scrape. Yea they started to joke "just needs a bit of glue at the top and will be as good as new"...

or the neighbors joked that we shouldn't take the car on a trip..

itsw just so....so

FUCKIN' RAW

"You didn't see anything okay? You saw nothing at all, just keep on walking, you saw nothin'!"

I bet the police told that to any bystanders.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Re: car accident

Post by Hyper »

Actually modern cars are a lot safer than older cars. When I was kid I always was fan of those big Volvo 740/850/960 series of cars because they are absolutely sturdy built and very reliable. And they were among the safest cars of their time. But car safety design evolved further and modern cars are much safer than these good old reliable Volvo's.

Here is a crash test of a 199x Volvo vs a 200x Renault:

Without knowledge I would surely have picked the Volvo, but that would be a wrong choice in this crash test.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: car accident

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I think it all depends how the crash goes exactly, come on not everything can be tested and this car crash was particularly bizzare.

Return to “Anything else ?”