For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

one day

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

one day

Post by Leo T_C_K »

warning, semi-satirical bitter content ahead:

Imagine:
One day...you come from work/school/whatever activity home and you find your wife/husband/significant other having secret relationship with a ...transgender octopus.

What will you do?

A. Call Dr. QuadShotGonnaPuss
B. Call Duke Nukem
C. Get the hell out of there and the planet while at it.
D. ???? (your choice)
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Re: one day

Post by Victor Delacroix »

B.

Coz BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS. :-P
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Well, they had OctoBrains after all in D3D and I suppose in Forever too (not sure about any of the other games and spinoffs).
Gamesharder
OldUnreal Member

Post by Gamesharder »

A or C
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I think I forgot the option of calling some restaurant/special store where they'd sell octopuses for food. lol
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:48 pmoctopuses
octopi
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Yea well, that's the latin convention isn't it?

I think there's no universal way to say it though, I think both could be equally valid but I guess...well I'm fine with it.

alright alright
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

Time to grab my camera.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:35 pmfind your wife/husband/significant other having secret relationship with a ...transgender octopus.
Also just to throw it out there...

I never had you pegged for a tentacle hentai fan. The things one learns every day...
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Victor Delacroix wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:30 am
Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:35 pmfind your wife/husband/significant other having secret relationship with a ...transgender octopus.
Also just to throw it out there...

I never had you pegged for a tentacle hentai fan. The things one learns every day...
??
I'm not really into that (then again potentionally I can be into a lot). This joke comes from something I realized/learned out of looking at someone's profile and this then came out of it, to take it "literally", because there are people out there with profiles of being an octopus and such, I know its more common to see a furry wolf around or a dragon that someone identifies with, but it can get a lot more stranger you know.
Just because one writes something or about something doesn't mean he actually likes it or is his secret desire/fantasy. Or like suddenly when it has sexual context. Why would that be different from someone writing any piece of literatary work. I mean its like saying thriller authors actually love to murder someone or whatever because they keep writing about it instead of taking it from a more detached point of view..

In this case however it is kind of true because I did find out about a person who I had a past affair with that currently he's engaged into someone claiming to be a transgender octopus. That's the thing. I then took it and turned it into a satire.
I did not want to make it that obvious but now you forced me to reveal the context.
But you should know that already given the messages I sent you, so are you just pulling my leg here?

But yea that's the "bitter" part, it actually comes from something that happened (sort of).
After all I don't have a reason not to believe that affair started even when there was a relationship going on between me and that person.
So basically I did get "cheated" on by an octopus so what kind of fate is that? The person in question never told me or hinted at it, which actually in my case would have been better for me than to be dishonest because we had an agreement about potential other long term relationships. And I expected the basic decency to let each other know. There are of course times when its more difficult but to actually hide a long term relationship is something else entirely.

Now the funny thread turned into something more personal. Congratulations for spoiling it.

That person never announced even the end of our relationship. It just suddenly happened one day that no further talks were given.
THEBaratusII
OldUnreal Member

Post by THEBaratusII »

D. Call Mr. Krabs to...
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Didn't expect that. :P
Ah I see, because squid is like octopus and thus ..squidward.

Return to “Anything else ?”