For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

eight rockets really?

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

eight rockets really?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

He claims the eightball to shoot eight rockets and thinks that UT reduced it to 6 of them. LoL

I suppose most of young generations don't know anymore what eightball is a reference to and also that it used to make more sense in 1997 Unreal where the rockets bounce (before ignition) like in the 8ball pool game.
Just like the rockets for the psxgatlinggun version I made.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: eight rockets really?

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Basically its like a stick pushing the 8ball, when in the gun it gets loaded/pushed into the barrel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-ball

It was never intended to shoot eight rockets even in unreal bible's concept etc it wasn't. the model always showed six slots too. We don't have one of the model versions that appears in some early screenshots but it was simply a little more bulkier iirc and the shape a little different but the top showed three barrels so there were probably three other below.
Hyper
OldUnreal Member

Post by Hyper »

It's okay, it's a nice and good review. And if one is talking 20+ minutes on a subject, you're quite likely to find a mistake here or there. Especially for productions without a big QA team behind it.
The man who stopped a tsunami

http://www.hypercoop.tk
unreal://hypercoop.tk
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Its just..I would never make this obvious mistake..even when I was 12 or something. And this is not to boast but really. I suppose I was growing up with more expectation from school teachers and everyone around me (except for few people who didn't care). Like we were told to really try to check over our work.
Different expectations different standards I guess.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:02 pm Its just..I would never make this obvious mistake..even when I was 12 or something. And this is not to boast but really. I suppose I was growing up with more expectation from school teachers and everyone around me (except for few people who didn't care). Like we were told to really try to check over our work.
Different expectations different standards I guess.
Only it really isn't obvious. I am not a pool/billiard guy at all so I never understood the eightball reference in the first place. Not until you told me years later.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

That's one thing, but thinking the original eightball gun shot eight rockets when he could try to count what he's seeing on the screen when fully loaded or even if he read all the official descriptions of eightball gun, that part seems inexcusable honestly. I mean I counted how many times it actually loaded, you can see the ammo disappearing one by one until its six and you can clearly see six rockets, or grenades. And if he can't see it in the spur of the moment he could pause the screen and count. But again every guide, for example even the magazine guide that came with the Level Cover CD explicitly mentions six rockets or any of the magazines I had, etc. The game manual describes six rockets iirc as well...yea I know they still had the three round burst for rifle in the descriptions because that was one of the last things to change in the slightly delayed release, but still...the thing about eightball gun never changed.

Return to “Anything else ?”