For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Need help

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Need help

Post by Leo T_C_K »

I need help of someone with a twitter account preferably. There are some people who are only contactable by twitter. It is to contact them about the old files. I will send details in PM if anyone is interested. Some of those people are collectors themselves so there's high chance they have held onto some of those unreal tcs etc...
Moved from Unreal General Forum to Anything else ? on Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:43 pm by Pitbull

EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Re: Need help

Post by EvilGrins »

Why won't you setup a Twitter?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Because I'm against it (and similar social network sites) and would eat up all my precious bandwith that I pay per data now. Among other things.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Twitter barely uses any bandwidth at all.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:14 pm Twitter barely uses any bandwidth at all.
When there are lot of pictures etc it does. I just named one of the examples. If you want to go the "do it yourself" route, I think given everything I've done I can ask for this little assistence of someone with an account.

But you're paying monthly, I don't. I have to be very careful what I do and I don't watch youtube now. I have to ask often someone IRL to allow me to watch something there. Otherwise I only download small videos from there

Also given that even e-shop sites waste unnecesarily 100 MBs of bandwith I might not have much left after, you realize?

I also avoid your threads now because there's ton of large pictures there always without any spoiler or whatever.

Tells me a lot about your use of bandwith and how relative it must be to you.
EvilGrins
OldUnreal Member

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo T_C_K wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:31 pmBut you're paying monthly, I don't
We're clearly not still talking about twitter, as entry to the Twitterverse is entirely free.
Victor Delacroix
OldUnreal Member

Post by Victor Delacroix »

Yeah, Sherlock, he ain't talking about Twitter at this point, but BANDWIDTH. You know, most mobile ISPs have monthly data cap for those and certain things act as a drain to that cap. Let's go by an example: that you have a mobile provider Plus, that gives you around 16 GB of bandwidth monthly. You use all that up, there's two things that may happen: either the net speed slows down to the point of utter uselessness or the amount of money to pay next month starts growing exponentially due to the ISP's policy of getting you to pay more if you exceed your data plan.

Twitter is related to it if there are too many pictures in your feed. Or if you visit a thread with too many pics in it. That's what often drains bandwidth data caps.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

Thankfuly I can also use non-graphic browser to post here whenever this machine is free(to use), but a bit ago they stopped the non-javascript twitter etc so I'm out of luck there.

And there are other problems that I'm not going to dwelve into here, like I have bad experience of companies getting my phone number or requiring it after registration etc.

Also what I have currently is even worse than what Delacroix described so yea it is a real problem and I have to watch carefuly what I download.

Return to “Anything else ?”