For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

New Unreal Engine Forums Interface

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

New Unreal Engine Forums Interface

Post by luke11685 »

Maybe this forum got nothing with Unreal Engine Forums,but are there anyone interested in gathering all knowledge about Unreal Engine 3/Development Kit (circa Anno domini of year of 2010) archieved tutorials for me please. Especially for games like Unreal Tournament 3,Jazz Jackrabbit IOS kismet tech demo tutorial UDK2010. Maybe sooner or later such things might be useful in the future,but maybe not now. I guess just like forum dedicated to original Unreal Engine 1998 final build Atari-esque? Old UDK forums are closed nowadays right guys? Old Unreal Engine Forums got some Unreal Development Kit sections before,but not anymore. Currently it's dedicated to Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine 5 including MetaHuman creator. Shaun Caudle and Cliff Bleszinski both did different vision of Jazz Jackrabbit more like top down rts shooter kind of like Sonic 3D Blast Flickies Island. Where are these tutorials now? There's Epic Games Launcher Storefront since December 2018,but UDK still remains available on Steam. I tried rebuilding source code for sake of gameplay experiments it's maybe obscure, forgotten by time,but not so old or new eighter. I guess I'm too ambitious multiple game projects at once. There's also YouTube user channel Unreal 64 making some mods maybe this user or modding community would finish old outdated tech demo,but in case of 3D Realms they never finished original Duke Nukem Forever original prototype years before Gearbox Software owned Duke Nukem series licence. Even Slipgate Ironworks wouldn't do anything due to lawsuits before Covid-19. Where could I find UDK tutorials Google found some,but only few videos.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Re: New Unreal Engine Forums Interface

Post by luke11685 »

For sake of data preservation.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Post by Leo T_C_K »

For the sake of sanity its all over now. I'm getting no sleep. And I get blamed no matter what. For having emotions. For snapping back when the hysteria around is too much to take. I should be ashamed of myself. I can go on an endless rant like yourself. Would be poetic I guess. They finally broke me.

If I could count all the things people have called me over the years, this post would be 80 times as big. Because after all it doesn't matter at all what's inside of you, all that matters is what the world or others see you as, because it's so obvious isn't it? Because its objective. And I am not objective. I've internalized my behaviors to the point it's all just a game right? But who's game is it really? David Fincher would be proud. And I'm obviously losing my integrity the lack of sleep not helping. God.....

I won't likely reply to your threads for a while if ever again now. I don't know what's gonna become of me either.
luke11685
OldUnreal Member

Post by luke11685 »

No problem.

Return to “Anything else ?”