For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

confused travolta...

This section is intended for non-Unreal posts. Forum rules apply.
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

confused travolta...

Post by Leo T_C_K »

He's real. Real I"M TELLIN YOU

https://web.archive.org/web/19991008030 ... /media.htm

See? This old/lost TC had him as a player model. The character was even called Johnny. ..

LoL

Kajgue
Global Moderator

Re: confused travolta...

Post by Kajgue »

Neat Lol. thumbsup

Is it a vertex or skeletal mesh?
Leo T_C_K
OldUnreal Member

Re: confused travolta...

Post by Leo T_C_K »

It must have been a vertex mesh because this was way before UT still. The TC in question is called Stone Killer and based on what I read they first developed singleplayer primarily but then they wanted to release a dm only version due to difficulties together with some game modes like Greed(I wonder if its related in any way to the ut2kx greed mod which then came out as offciial gametype in ut3), but when UT came out they decided to instead try to make it for UT instead and that's when the project actually died. They have cycled a lot of people some of which aren't listed on the credits but only the news section.

EDIT:
Either way, the mesh was of course made with skeleton, just with conversion from 3dsmax the skeleton got removed and turned into plain mesh. The mesh was done by the same guy that did the pirate mesh for steele dawn obviously.

A lot of people these days think that most vertex meshes were made/animated without any skeleton but that's not true, just the vertex meshes don't contain the skeleton anymore. But because of this confusion I remember early on people like master unreal slavishly animated meshes per vertex in stuff like milkshape.

In practice the vertex meshes animate as in the mechanics, as per vertex but that isn't how they are created.

Return to “Anything else ?”