For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Performance with Kyro2 (D3D &OpenGl)

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
Smack

Performance with Kyro2 (D3D &OpenGl)

Post by Smack »

Hi! Ivé just reinstalled Unreal1 and last time i did that i used the 224 patch and the proper OpenGl render and it looked awesome with great performance. Now I did the same but it wouldn work good, in any res. It was laggy and flickering with textures gone here and there.
So! What to do? I had to test the new renderers for the 226 patch and that I didnt even get to work at all.
Missing links to dll:s and so on. Two times i did the reinstalls with this configuration just to see if did something wrong, but it didn´t help.

Now Ivé tried the D3D & OpenGL renderers with the funny result that D3D Look OUTSTANDING and OpenGL is still a poor performer. The only thing is that the floorsurface, actually everything a bit away, gets a kind of "software renderer" look. It doesnt disturb because the image is sharper then ever at long distance, but it looks not...hmm hard to explain...ok but still great...i don´t know how to explain.
Do any other one had such experience with the renderers?
I doubt there´s related to the driver of the card.

Ooops!! Spec: P3/850 224RAM Inno3D Kyro2 64MB Mag21"(1024*768) Now even 1280*1024 in Unreal1

PowerVr doesnt drop drivers every week, rather every six months or so, and when they come the just work.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Performance with Kyro2 (D3D &OpenGl)

Post by Smirftsch »

no idea, u probably made something wrong, with my kyro2 i had no problems at all...are u sure that u've used the right patch version ? mmh...if it looks like software rendering it means it isnt able to load the opengl.dll - try to go to advantaged options and open the opengl tab; if it says somethin like failure it isnt workin and u did something wrong...
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
Smack

Re: Performance with Kyro2 (D3D &OpenGl)

Post by Smack »

Update: I went to advanced options/rendering and everything under D3D was set to False. After I´d adjusted the settings to the usual it looked even better then before.
If You made this D3D render so good I dont wanna Bother with OpenGL.

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”