For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Changing refresh rate in Unreal

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
[GOD]Anck-Su-Namun
OldUnreal Member

Changing refresh rate in Unreal

Post by [GOD]Anck-Su-Namun »

Smirftschi (or anyone else that is able to help ;)):

How can I change my refresh rate in Unreal? I vaguely remember it was in advanced options somewhere but I couldn't find it...

I'm using an Asus V8200 GF3 with NVidia's latest drivers (28.32) under Windows XP Professional. I have an Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410 monitor well capable of running my desktop in 1024*768*32 @ 100 Hz, yet Unreal only runs @ 60 Hz in 800*600*32... 60 Hz is just not enough! :) I'm using Unreal v224 with Smirftsch's OpenGL renderer v2.1.0.4... can't think of any other useful information... :)

Any help would be much appreciated!
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Changing refresh rate in Unreal

Post by Smirftsch »

if not set in the advanced options in the opengl settings unreal takes care about the desktop settings of ur windows; set ur desktop to the equal resolution and color depth, correct the refresh rate and anything will be fine.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
[GOD]Anck-Su-Namun
OldUnreal Member

Post by [GOD]Anck-Su-Namun »

Thank you. :)

And now that we're on the topic of refresh rates, I keep reading on other boards it's not possible to set refresh rates for any application above 60 Hz under Windows XP... anyone know what that's about?
Kerilkkorn
OldUnreal Member

Post by Kerilkkorn »

It is possible but you need to change your registry values that look like that : 640 480 60 72 75 90 100 120 ...
in openGl the first value will be used for each resolution so you need to change it to what suits you screen display.
Always takes me a LOT of time everytime I change my drivers, as this information is located in many place and I don't know which is relevant.
Anyway it is always risky to mess with you registry setting if youdon't know what you are doing. :)
War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left...
Aprazeth
OldUnreal Member

Post by Aprazeth »

Thank you. :)

And now that we're on the topic of refresh rates, I keep reading on other boards it's not possible to set refresh rates for any application above 60 Hz under Windows XP... anyone know what that's about?

If you use DXDIAG you can enter a forced refreshrate that will be applied to ALL resolutions. You can also use "NVIDIA Refresh Rate Fix" available from www.majorgeeks. com

If all else fails you can do the above method of hacking up the INI or registry.
Carnage

Post by Carnage »

I have XP pro running and unreal runs fine with 72 hz
(would try a higher setting but then my monitor would explode) ;D

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”