For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Vulkan Render Device

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
Christopher

Vulkan Render Device

Post by Christopher »

I noticed the previously mentioned Vulkan renderer seemed to be dead and most of the functions were stubs so I decided to try to make one myself. I ran into a snag though and I'm curious if anyone here has any suggestions.

When I try to memcpy the texture data out of the DataPtr on the MipBase I get an Access Exception. It happens even when I try to read a single byte so I don't believe it's bounds related. The DataPtr isn't null.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Re: Vulkan Render Device

Post by Smirftsch »

Impossible to say this way without more information. Perhaps you want to check how it is done in the old OpenGL or UTGLR renderers?
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
[]KAOS[]Casey
OldUnreal Member

Post by []KAOS[]Casey »

some textures don't have MIPs, I think you need to check if the ptr is not NULL. this is all just offhand.. i have some code that is related i can check out later.
yrex .
OldUnreal Member

Post by yrex . »

Many things that the rendering API gives you (such as FTextureInfo's and lightmaps) become invalid very fast. So you have to either render them immediately, or store them somewhere.

That's based on my limited experience with 226.
My work | contact: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”