For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

Brightness and Speeding issues with OpenGL and SDL renderers of UT on Linux

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
REA
OldUnreal Member

Brightness and Speeding issues with OpenGL and SDL renderers of UT on Linux

Post by REA »

Hi,

I am a GNU/Linux user who likes to enjoy single player Unreal Tournament '99 mods natively. Recently, I got a new laptop with Nvidia card. Even though I am using proprietary drivers, I am experiencing serious issues with the game. First of all, the infamous speeding issue presents on Linux as well. I used to avoid that issue by changing the speed of CPU on my old laptop. However, my new laptop has plenty of CPUs, so that's not possible any longer. Instead, I downloaded Linux version UTGLR's OpenGL renderer and applied FrameRateLimit option to the ini file which solved the issue for good. However, the single player mods that I am playing are too darn dark with the OpenGL renderer; for unknown reason the brightness cannot be changed with OpenGL renderer. So, I edited the ini file; changed GameRenderDevice into SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice. With that method, as long as I keep UseGammaExtension and UseModulatedGamma options disabled; I can change the brightness. But, unfortunately the framerate cannot be capped when I use that "SDL OpenGL Support" renderer. As far as I understand, it uses SDLGLDrv.so library. Adding FrameRateLimit=100 option under both [SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice] and [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice] sections had no effect; the game is still over 200 FPS.

I am convinced that changing brightness is not possible with OpenGL renderer. Is there a way to limit the framerate of "SDL OpenGL Support" renderer? Else; do you know any newer renderers than following renderer for Linux?

http://www.letsplayut.com/

My system info via Steam:

Code: Select all

Computer Information: 
    Manufacturer:  Unknown 
    Model:  Unknown 
    No Touch Input Detected 

Processor Information: 
    CPU Vendor:  GenuineIntel 
    CPU Brand:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 
    CPU Family:  0x6 
    CPU Model:  0x4e 
    CPU Stepping:  0x3 
    CPU Type:  0x0 
    Speed:  2800 Mhz 
    4 logical processors 
    2 physical processors 
    HyperThreading:  Supported 
    FCMOV:  Supported 
    SSE2:  Supported 
    SSE3:  Supported 
    SSSE3:  Supported 
    SSE4a:  Unsupported 
    SSE41:  Supported 
    SSE42:  Supported 
    AES:  Supported 
    AVX:  Supported 
    CMPXCHG16B:  Supported 
    LAHF/SAHF:  Supported 
    PrefetchW:  Unsupported 

Network Information: 
    Network Speed:   

Operating System Version: 
    Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa (64 bit) 
    Kernel Name:  Linux 
    Kernel Version:  4.4.0-22-generic 
    X Server Vendor:  The X.Org Foundation 
    X Server Release:  11701000 
    X Window Manager:  Metacity (Marco) 
    Steam Runtime Version:  steam-runtime-beta-release_2016-09-02 

Video Card: 
    Driver:  NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 940M/PCIe/SSE2 

Driver Version:  4.5.0 NVIDIA 370.28 
    OpenGL Version: 4.5 
    Desktop Color Depth: 24 bits per pixel 
    Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz 
    VendorID:  0x10de 
    DeviceID:  0x1347 
    Revision Not Detected 
    Number of Monitors:  1 
    Number of Logical Video Cards:  1 
    Primary Display Resolution:  1920 x 1080 
    Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080 
    Primary Display Size: 12,17" x 6,85"  (13,94" diag) 
                                            30,9cm x 17,4cm  (35,4cm diag) 
    Primary Bus: PCI Express 4x 
    Primary VRAM: 2048 MB 
    Supported MSAA Modes:  2x 4x 8x 16x  

Sound card: 
    Audio device: Realtek Generic 

Memory: 
    RAM:  3383 Mb 

Miscellaneous: 
    UI Language:  English 
    LANG:  tr_TR.UTF-8 
    Microphone:  Not set 
    Steam Controller Cable and Base:  Not set 
    Total Hard Disk Space Available:  140677 Mb 
    Largest Free Hard Disk Block:  11334 Mb 
    VR Headset: None
Terminal output of UT:

./ut
GL_EXTENSIONS : GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_compute_variable_group_size GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_2_compatibility GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gl_spirv GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_int64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_indirect_parameters GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_ballot GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_clock GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_include GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sparse_buffer GL_ARB_sparse_texture GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_S3_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_Cg_shader GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test GL_EXT_direct_state_access GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shader_image_load_formatted GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_storage GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback2 GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_EXT_window_rectangles GL_EXT_x11_sync_object GL_EXT_import_sync_object GL_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_KHR_robustness GL_KTX_buffer_region GL_NV_alpha_to_coverage_dither_control GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect_count GL_NV_bindless_texture GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_command_list GL_NV_compute_program5 GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color GL_NV_copy_image GL_NV_depth_buffer_float GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_draw_texture GL_NV_draw_vulkan_image GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility GL_NV_ES3_1_compatibility GL_NV_explicit_multisample GL_NV_fence GL_NV_float_buffer GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage GL_NV_geometry_shader4 GL_NV_gpu_program4 GL_NV_internalformat_sample_query GL_NV_gpu_program4_1 GL_NV_gpu_program5 GL_NV_gpu_program5_mem_extended GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64 GL_NV_gpu_shader5 GL_NV_half_float GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_multisample_coverage GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint GL_NV_occlusion_query GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2 GL_NV_path_rendering GL_NV_pixel_data_range GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_register_combiners2 GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters GL_NV_shader_atomic_float GL_NV_shader_atomic_int64 GL_NV_shader_buffer_load GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_multisample GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texture_shader GL_NV_texture_shader2 GL_NV_texture_shader3 GL_NV_transform_feedback GL_NV_transform_feedback2 GL_NV_uniform_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vdpau_interop GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_NV_vertex_array_range2 GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_NV_vertex_program2 GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_NVX_conditional_render GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info GL_NVX_nvenc_interop GL_NV_shader_thread_group GL_NV_shader_thread_shuffle GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SGIX_depth_texture GL_SGIX_shadow GL_SUN_slice_accum 
fcntl: Operation not permitted
fcntl: Operation not permitted
Thanks, regards.
Last edited by REA on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay™
OldUnreal Member

Re: Brightness and Speeding issues with OpenGL and SDL renderers of UT on Linux

Post by Dr.Flay™ »

Did you try editing the renderer settings in the UnrealTournament.ini instead of via the prefs window ?

System info and terminal output may be less useful than the game log files.
Also a copy of the current OpenGL renderer settings.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

Many Laptops with NVidia are using nowadays optimus, switchable Intel/NVidia graphics, you seem to know what you are doing, so forgive me that I am asking, but is it possible that you Laptop is such a model and is using perhaps the Intel card?
I know such issues mostly from Intel graphics, that's why this idea.
A full log (from UT) as Doc already pointed out, may reveal more.

To answer your other question, In theory any other renderer could be build for Linux UT, including the XOpenGL renderer I am working on, but fact is, the UT build uses such an old toolchain that it seems almost not feasible to really do so.
Last edited by Smirftsch on Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
REA
OldUnreal Member

Post by REA »

Many Laptops with NVidia are using nowadays optimus, switchable Intel/NVidia graphics, you seem to know what you are doing, so forgive me that I am asking, but is it possible that you Laptop is such a model and is using perhaps the Intel card?
I know such issues mostly from Intel graphics, that's why this idea.
A full log (from UT) as Doc already pointed out, may reveal more.

To answer your other question, In theory any other renderer could be build for Linux UT, including the XOpenGL renderer I am working on, but fact is, the UT build uses such an old toolchain that it seems almost not feasible to really do so.
Yeah, my laptop has both Nvidia and Intel cards but it is surely using Nvidia component at the moment. When I tried to switch into Intel card via Nvidia panel, the game returned a segmentation fault. So there is no way I am mistakenly playing the game with Intel card.

./ut
Signal: SIGSEGV [segmentation fault]
Aborting.
Segmentation fault
As I provided before, my laptop is using NVIDIA GeForce 940M with proprietary drivers v.370.28. Yeah, I am patiently waiting for the XOpenGL renderer which would "enlighten" my UT experience a lot. :-)
Did you try editing the renderer settings in the UnrealTournament.ini instead of via the prefs window ?

System info and terminal output may be less useful than the game log files.
Also a copy of the current OpenGL renderer settings.
I tried some tweaks but mostly no success. As long as I use OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice as the renderer, Brightness under SDLDrv.SDLClient has no effect. However, I can still enable NoLighting in the same section which makes the game light as heaven but kills the atmosphere that the map creator tried to give...

~/.loki/ut/System/UnrealTournament.ini:

[URL]
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=CityIntro.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Port=7777
Class=Botpack.TMale1

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=436

[PackageRemap]
UnrealShare=UnrealI

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
WindowedRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
RenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
AudioDevice=ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=UTMenu.UTConsole
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
DefaultGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
DefaultServerGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
ViewportManager=SDLDrv.SDLClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=..\Save
CachePath=..\Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths=..\System\*.u
Paths=..\Maps\*.unr
Paths=..\Textures\*.utx
Paths=..\Sounds\*.uax
Paths=..\Music\*.umx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevSound
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack

[SDLDrv.SDLClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=480
WindowedColorBits=16
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
FullscreenColorBits=16
Brightness=1.000000
MipFactor=1.000000
SlowVideoBuffering=False
StartupFullscreen=True
CurvedSurfaces=False
CaptureMouse=False
LowDetailTextures=False
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
DeadZoneX=True
DeadZoneY=True
DeadZoneZ=False
DeadZoneR=False
DeadZoneU=False
DeadZoneV=False
InvertVertical=False
ScaleX=1000.000000
ScaleY=1000.000000
ScaleZ=1000.000000
ScaleR=300.000000
ScaleU=1000.000000
ScaleV=1000.000000
ScaleJBX=0.025000
ScaleJBY=0.025000
MinDesiredFrameRate=0.000000
NoDynamicLights=False
Decals=True
NoFractalAnim=False
SkinDetail=High
TextureDetail=High
ParticleDensity=0
UseJoystick=False
JoystickNumber=0

[SDLGLDrv.SDLGLRenderDevice]
UseTNT=0
UseGammaExtension=1
UseModulatedGamma=1
UseS3TC=0
OpenGLLibName=libGL.so.1
MinDepthBits=16
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
ShareLists=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
DoPrecache=0
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=False

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
UseTNT=0
UseGammaExtension=1
UseModulatedGamma=1
UseS3TC=0
OpenGLLibName=libGL.so.1
MinDepthBits=16
MaxLogUOverV=8
MaxLogVOverU=8
UseMultiTexture=1
UsePalette=1
UseAlphaPalette=0
ShareLists=0
AlwaysMipmap=0
DoPrecache=0
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=True
FrameRateLimit=100
GammaOffset=0.5
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000

[SDLSoftDrv.SDLSoftwareRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=False
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=False
HighResTextureSmooth=True
LowResTextureSmooth=False
FastTranslucency=True

[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=20000
ConfiguredLanSpeed=20000

[Audio.GenericAudioSubsystem]
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=True
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=False
Use3dHardware=False
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
Channels=16
MusicVolume=192
SoundVolume=192
AmbientFactor=0.700000
DopplerSpeed=0.000000

[ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem]
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=True
UseSpatial=True
UseReverb=True
Use3dHardware=False
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
Channels=16
MusicVolume=192
SoundVolume=192
AmbientFactor=0.700000
DopplerSpeed=0.000000
MusicBufferSize=16384

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=300.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=20000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
DemoSpectatorClass=Botpack.CHSpectator
MaxClientRate=25000
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=500.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=1.0
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=60
LanServerMaxTickRate=60

[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]
ServerName=Linux UT Server
ShortName=UT Server
AdminName=
AdminEmail=
Region=0
MOTDLine1=
MOTDLine2=
MOTDLine3=
MOTDLine4=

[IpDrv.TcpipConnection]
SimPacketLoss=0
SimLatency=0

[IpServer.UdpServerUplink]
DoUpLink=False
UpdateMinutes=1
MasterServerPort=27900

[IpServer.UdpServerQuery]
GameName=ut

[IpDrv.UdpBeacon]
DoBeacon=True
BeaconTime=0.50
BeaconTimeout=5.0
BeaconProduct=ut

[GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailBias=-1.500000
RefreshRate=60Hz
DetailTextures=True
FastUglyRefresh=False
ScreenSmoothing=True
Resolution=Default

[Editor.EditorEngine]
UseSound=True
CacheSizeMegs=6
GridEnabled=True
SnapVertices=True
SnapDistance=10.000000
GridSize=(X=16.000000,Y=16.000000,Z=16.000000)
RotGridEnabled=True
RotGridSize=(Pitch=1024,Yaw=1024,Roll=1024)
GameCommandLine=-log
FovAngleDegrees=90.000000
GodMode=True
AutoSave=False
AutoSaveTimeMinutes=5
AutoSaveIndex=6
C_WorldBox=(R=0,G=0,B=107,A=0)
C_GroundPlane=(R=0,G=0,B=63,A=0)
C_GroundHighlight=(R=0,G=0,B=127,A=0)
C_BrushWire=(R=255,G=63,B=63,A=0)
C_Pivot=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=0)
C_Select=(R=0,G=0,B=127,A=0)
C_AddWire=(R=127,G=127,B=255,A=0)
C_SubtractWire=(R=255,G=192,B=63,A=0)
C_GreyWire=(R=163,G=163,B=163,A=0)
C_Invalid=(R=163,G=163,B=163,A=0)
C_ActorWire=(R=127,G=63,B=0,A=0)
C_ActorHiWire=(R=255,G=127,B=0,A=0)
C_White=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=0)
C_SemiSolidWire=(R=127,G=255,B=0,A=0)
C_NonSolidWire=(R=63,G=192,B=32,A=0)
C_WireGridAxis=(R=119,G=119,B=119,A=0)
C_ActorArrow=(R=163,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_ScaleBox=(R=151,G=67,B=11,A=0)
C_ScaleBoxHi=(R=223,G=149,B=157,A=0)
C_Mover=(R=255,G=0,B=255,A=0)
C_OrthoBackground=(R=163,G=163,B=163,A=0)
C_Current=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_BrushVertex=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_BrushSnap=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_Black=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_Mask=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_WireBackground=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_ZoneWire=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
EditPackages=Core
EditPackages=Engine
EditPackages=Editor
EditPackages=UWindow
EditPackages=Fire
EditPackages=IpDrv
EditPackages=UWeb
EditPackages=UBrowser
EditPackages=UnrealShare
EditPackages=UnrealI
EditPackages=UMenu
EditPackages=IpServer
EditPackages=Botpack
EditPackages=UTServerAdmin
EditPackages=UTMenu
EditPackages=UTBrowser

[UMenu.UnrealConsole]
RootWindow=UMenu.UMenuRootWindow
UWindowKey=IK_Esc
ShowDesktop=True

[UMenu.UMenuMenuBar]
ShowHelp=True
GameUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTGameMenu
MultiplayerUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu
OptionsUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTOptionsMenu
ModMenuClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenu

[Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo]
Difficulty=1
Difficulty=1

[Botpack.DeathMatchPlus]
bNoviceMode=True
bHardCoreMode=True
bUseTranslocator=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False
MinPlayers=0
AirControl=0.350000
FragLimit=30
TimeLimit=0
bChangeLevels=True
bMegaSpeed=False
bAltScoring=False
bMultiWeaponStay=True
bForceRespawn=False
bTournament=False
NetWait=10
RestartWait=15
MaxCommanders=0
InitialBots=4
bNoMonsters=True
bHumansOnly=False
bClassicDeathMessages=False

[Botpack.CTFGame]
bUseTranslocator=True
bCoopWeaponMode=True
GoalTeamScore=3

[Botpack.Domination]
bDumbDown=True
bUseTranslocator=True
bCoopWeaponMode=True
GoalTeamScore=100

[Botpack.Assault]
bUseTranslocator=False
bCoopWeaponMode=True

[Botpack.TeamGamePlus]
bBalanceTeams=True
GoalTeamScore=30.000000
bPlayersBalanceTeams=True
bNoTeamChanges=False
FriendlyFireScale=0.000000
MaxTeams=2
MaxTeamSize=16
FragLimit=30
TimeLimit=0
bMultiWeaponStay=True
bForceRespawn=False
bUseTranslocator=False
MaxCommanders=0
bNoMonsters=True
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False

[Engine.GameInfo]
bLowGore=False
bVeryLowGore=False
bMuteSpectators=False
bNoCheating=True
bAllowFOV=False
AutoAim=0.930000
GameSpeed=1.000000
MaxSpectators=2
AdminPassword=
GamePassword=
MaxPlayers=16
IPPolicies[0]=ACCEPT,*
IPPolicies[1]=
IPPolicies[2]=
IPPolicies[3]=
IPPolicies[4]=
IPPolicies[5]=
IPPolicies[6]=
IPPolicies[7]=
IPPolicies[8]=
IPPolicies[9]=
IPPolicies[10]=
IPPolicies[11]=
IPPolicies[12]=
IPPolicies[13]=
IPPolicies[14]=
IPPolicies[15]=
IPPolicies[16]=
IPPolicies[17]=
IPPolicies[18]=
IPPolicies[19]=
IPPolicies[20]=
IPPolicies[21]=
IPPolicies[22]=
IPPolicies[23]=
IPPolicies[24]=
IPPolicies[25]=
IPPolicies[26]=
IPPolicies[27]=
IPPolicies[28]=
IPPolicies[29]=
IPPolicies[30]=
IPPolicies[31]=
IPPolicies[32]=
IPPolicies[33]=
IPPolicies[34]=
IPPolicies[35]=
IPPolicies[36]=
IPPolicies[37]=
IPPolicies[38]=
IPPolicies[39]=
IPPolicies[40]=
IPPolicies[41]=
IPPolicies[42]=
IPPolicies[43]=
IPPolicies[44]=
IPPolicies[45]=
IPPolicies[46]=
IPPolicies[47]=
IPPolicies[48]=
IPPolicies[49]=
ServerLogName=server.log
bLocalLog=False
bWorldLog=True
bBatchLocal=False
DemoBuild=0
DemoHasTuts=0
bExternalBatcher=False
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False

[UnrealShare.UnrealGameOptionsMenu]
bCanModifyGore=True

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserUT
ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[2]=UBrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[3]=UBrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[4]=UBrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[5]=UBrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=UBrowserDOM
ServerListNames[7]=UBrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=UBrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=UBrowserAll
ServerListNames[10]=None
ServerListNames[11]=None
ServerListNames[12]=None
ServerListNames[13]=None
ServerListNames[14]=None
ServerListNames[15]=None
ServerListNames[16]=None
ServerListNames[17]=None
ServerListNames[18]=None
ServerListNames[19]=None
ServerListNames[20]=None
ServerListNames[21]=None
ServerListNames[22]=None
ServerListNames[23]=None
ServerListNames[24]=None
ServerListNames[25]=None
ServerListNames[26]=None
ServerListNames[27]=None
ServerListNames[28]=None
ServerListNames[29]=None
ServerListNames[30]=None
ServerListNames[31]=None
ServerListNames[32]=None
ServerListNames[33]=None
ServerListNames[34]=None
ServerListNames[35]=None
ServerListNames[36]=None
ServerListNames[37]=None
ServerListNames[38]=None
ServerListNames[39]=None
ServerListNames[40]=None
ServerListNames[41]=None
ServerListNames[42]=None
ServerListNames[43]=None
ServerListNames[44]=None
ServerListNames[45]=None
ServerListNames[46]=None
ServerListNames[47]=None
ServerListNames[48]=None
ServerListNames[49]=None
bKeepMasterServer=False

[UBrowserUT]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLAN]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserLocalFact,BeaconProduct=ut
URLAppend=?LAN
AutoRefreshTime=10
bNoAutoSort=True

[UBrowserPopulated]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTeamGames]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDOM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Domination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True

[UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu]

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=UTServerAdmin.UTImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=False
ListenPort=5080
MaxConnections=30

[UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin]
AdminUsername=lxadmin
AdminPassword=lxadmin

[IpDrv.HTTPDownLoad]
RedirectToURL=
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

[Engine.StatLog]
LocalBatcherURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngStats/ngStatsUT
LocalBatcherParams=
LocalStatsURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngStats/html/ngStats_Main.html
WorldBatcherURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/bin/ngWorldStats
WorldBatcherParams=-d ../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs -g UT
WorldStatsURL=http://www.netgamesusa.com
LocalLogDir=../Logs
WorldLogDir=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs
bWorldBatcherError=False

[Botpack.UTIntro]
CityIntroHUDClass=
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False

[UMenu.UMenuRootWindow]
GUIScale=1.000000
LookAndFeelClass=UMenu.UMenuBlueLookAndFeel

[UTMenu.UTConsole]
SpeechKey=86
SavedPasswords[0]=
SavedPasswords[1]=
SavedPasswords[2]=
SavedPasswords[3]=
SavedPasswords[4]=
SavedPasswords[5]=
SavedPasswords[6]=
SavedPasswords[7]=
SavedPasswords[8]=
SavedPasswords[9]=
RootWindow=olroot.oldskoolrootwindow
MouseScale=1.700000
ShowDesktop=True
bShowConsole=False
UWindowKey=IK_None

[UWindow.WindowConsole]
ConsoleKey=192

[SevenB.tvsp]
SpTaunts=True
Pause=True
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False

[olroot.OldskoolUTMenuBotmatchCW]
Map=DM-Codex.unr
GameType=BotPack.TeamGamePlus
MutatorList=
bKeepMutators=False

[SevenB.TVFogWarning]
bnofog=True
FrameRateLimit=100
GammaOffset=0.5
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000

options under OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice were added by me, had no effect on brightness... I found some options here, tried to replace with mine, still made no difference in terms of brightness.

https://forums.beyondunreal.com/threads ... ux.161177/
http://www.letsplayut.com/

~/.loki/ut/System/UnrealTournament.log

Log: Log file open, Sat Nov 12 13:53:51 2016
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Version: 436
Init: Compiled: Oct 30 2000 11:53:24
Init: Command line: 
Init: Base directory: 
Init: Character set: ANSI
Log: Bound to Engine.so
Log: Bound to Core.so
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Init: CPU Speed=2400.670812 MHz
Init: Unreal engine initialized
Log: Bound to SDLDrv.so
Init: Joystick [0] : Unknown Joystick
Init: SDLClient initialized.
Log: Bound to Render.so
Init: Lighting subsystem initialized
Init: Rendering initialized
Log: LoadMap: Entry
Log: Bound to Fire.so
Log: Case-insensitive search: Botpack -> ..\System\BotPack.u
Log: Bound to IpDrv.so
Log: Game class is 'UTIntro'
Log: Level is Level Entry.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level Entry.MyLevel up for play (0)...
ScriptLog: InitGame: 
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is Entry.Mutator0
Log: Browse: CityIntro.unr?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=1?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
Log: LoadMap: CityIntro.unr?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=1?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
Log: Case-insensitive search: genfluid -> ..\Textures\GenFluid.utx
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Render
Log: Garbage: objects: 16419->16416; refs: 224671
Log: Level is Level CityIntro.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level CityIntro.MyLevel up for play (0)...
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=1?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is CityIntro.Mutator1
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level CityIntro.MyLevel
Log: Created and initialized a new SDL viewport.
Log: Bound to UWeb.so
ScriptLog: Team 1
ScriptLog: Login: REA
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale1 CityIntro.TMale0
Init: Input system initialized for SDLViewport0
Log: Opening SDL viewport.
Log: Bound to OpenGLDrv.so
Log: Loaded render device class.
Log: Initializing OpenGLDrv...
Log: binding libGL.so.1
Log: Resizing SDL viewport. X: 1920 Y: 1080
Log: OpenGL
Init: GL_VENDOR     : NVIDIA Corporation
Init: GL_RENDERER   : GeForce 940M/PCIe/SSE2
Init: GL_VERSION    : 4.5.0 NVIDIA 370.28
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_bgra
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_texture_compression
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
Init: Device supports: GL_NV_texture_env_combine4
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_secondary_color
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_multitexture
Init: Device supports: GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap
Init: Device supports: GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_vertex_program
Init: Depth bits: 16
Log: 4 Texture Mapping Units found
Log: MinLogTextureSize = 2
Log: MaxLogTextureSize = 8
Log: Bound to ALAudio.so
Init: OpenAL Audio subsystem initialized.
Init: Game engine initialized
Log: Startup time: 0.547822 seconds.
Log: Entering main loop.
Log: URL: Adding default option Name=REA
Log: URL: Adding default option Class=BotPack.TMale1
Log: URL: Adding default option team=1
Log: URL: Adding default option skin=CommandoSkins.goth
Log: URL: Adding default option Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai
Log: URL: Adding default option Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: URL: Adding default option OverrideClass=
Log: Browse: Index.unr?entry?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=1?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
Log: Failed; returning to Entry
Init: Shut down moving brush tracker for Level CityIntro.MyLevel
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport SDLViewport0
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale1 Entry.TMale1
ScriptLog: Creating root window: olroot.oldskoolrootwindow
Warning: Failed to load 'Xdemac': Can't find file for package 'Xdemac'
Warning: Failed to load 'Music Xdemac.Xdemac': Can't find file for package 'Xdemac'
Log: URL: Adding default option team=1
Log: URL: Adding default option skin=CommandoSkins.goth
Log: URL: Adding default option Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai
Log: URL: Adding default option OverrideClass=
Log: Browse: Index.unr?load=63?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=1?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=
Log: LoadMap: ..\Save\Save63.usa?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=1?skin=CommandoSkins.goth?Face=CommandoSkins.Malakai?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?OverrideClass=?load
Log: Case-insensitive search: SoldierSkins -> ..\Textures\Soldierskins.utx
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package CityIntro
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package city
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package ArenaTex
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package NaliCast
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package RainFX
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package NaliFX
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package ShaneSky
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package openingwave
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Uttitle
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package OldModelsMenus
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package OldModels
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Male1Skins
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package utmenu23
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Xidia
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package XidiaMPack
Log: Garbage: objects: 40668->36903; refs: 701046
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport SDLViewport0
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TVPlayer Save63.TVPlayer0
ScriptLog: All inventory from REA is accepted
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level Save63.MyLevel
ScriptLog: 0 frames rendered in 8.64 seconds. Min 0.00 Max 0.00 Avg 0.00 fps.
Log: appRequestExit(0)
Exit: Preparing to exit.
Log: Unbound to Engine.so
Log: Unbound to Core.so
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Engine
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Core
Exit: Game engine shut down
Log: Unbound to SDLDrv.so
Exit: SDL client shut down.
Log: Unbound to Render.so
Exit: Lighting subsystem shut down
Exit: Rendering shut down
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Entry
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Logo
Log: Unbound to Fire.so
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Fire
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package credits
Log
So, OpenGL renderer has brightness issues, SDL renderer has speeding issues. Any ideas?
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

SDLGL is a very basic GL implementation and lacks many things, that's definitely a dead end in any case.
Unfortunately I have no idea what could cause the trouble with this utglr Linux build, aside of course that it is still a kinda old version and it may just be due to the dependencies with the ancient libs UT uses, but this is only an assumption and probably won't help in any way either.
I remember that there has been various problems with the window manager over the years, so I used some time a script which opened a second X without any manager which solved a lot of problems, but I honestly can't remember anymore if this specific problem was also addressed in any way by this.

Mmh, yeah, I'm afraid there is little I could say more right now, sorry.
REA
OldUnreal Member

Post by REA »

Well, yes; GNU/Linux version of UT99 is ancient, some menus are not even accessible, ie "Advanced Options"... It definitely needs to be recompiled with up-to-date libraries which is currently not possible due to lack of source code.

It is not a great deal anyway; most of stock and official extra multiplayer maps do not suffer from brightness issues, thankfully they seem to be fine. The single player mod that I am trying to play (Seven Bullets) is a bit atmosphere heavy, therefore relies on darkness so much. I guess I will finish the mod via WINE by using either UTGLR OpenGL or XOpenGL.

Thanks for quick replies, another question of mine about Unreal Tournament (pre-alpha) on Epic Games' official forums remains unanswered for days, then I solved my problem by myself. :-P If someday you decide to make Linux version of XOpenGL, just let me know; I would happily test it. ;-)
REA
OldUnreal Member

XOpenGL via WINE?

Post by REA »

All right, that is weird. I installed UT on Linux via WINE. Updated it into v.436, installed OldUnreal's multimedia patch, applied utglr's OpenGL, launched the game with OpenGL renderer; the brightness still cannot be changeable... Tried the stock Direct3D renderer; the game is even darker and the brightness cannot be changeable neither. Gave a shot for XOpenGL renderer; wow, bright as nuclear fusion and brightness can be changed. However, framerate cannot be capped with FrameRateLimit option in ini file. I tried to change the OpenGLVersion into ES from Core; the game is a bit darker but the brighness can still be changed; however the game still ignore framecap.

Here is my ini:

[URL]
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=CityIntro.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Port=7777
Class=Botpack.TMale1

[FirstRun]
FirstRun=436

[PackageRemap]
UnrealShare=UnrealI

[Engine.Engine]
GameRenderDevice=XOpenGLDrv.XOpenGLRenderDevice
AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=UTMenu.UTConsole
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
WindowedRenderDevice=XOpenGLDrv.XOpenGLRenderDevice
RenderDevice=XOpenGLDrv.XOpenGLRenderDevice
DefaultGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
DefaultServerGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus
ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas
CdPath=D:
RunCount=32

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=../Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.unr
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevSound
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=SoldierSkins
ServerPackages=CommandoSkins
ServerPackages=FCommandoSkins
ServerPackages=SGirlSkins
ServerPackages=BossSkins
ServerPackages=Botpack

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=480
WindowedColorBits=32
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
FullscreenColorBits=32
Brightness=0.500000
MipFactor=1.000000
UseDirectDraw=True
UseJoystick=False
CaptureMouse=True
StartupFullscreen=True
CurvedSurfaces=False
LowDetailTextures=False
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
SlowVideoBuffering=True
DeadZoneXYZ=True
DeadZoneRUV=False
InvertVertical=False
ScaleXYZ=1000.000000
ScaleRUV=2000.000000
MinDesiredFrameRate=28.000000
Decals=True
NoDynamicLights=False
UseDirectInput=False
ParticleDensity=0
NoFractalAnim=False
SkinDetail=High
TextureDetail=High
UseRawHIDInput=False

[XDrv.XClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=480
WindowedColorBits=16
FullscreenViewportX=640
FullscreenViewportY=480
FullscreenColorBits=16
Brightness=0.500000
MipFactor=1.000000
SlowVideoBuffering=False
StartupFullscreen=True
CurvedSurfaces=False
CaptureMouse=True
LowDetailTextures=False
ScreenFlashes=True
NoLighting=False
DeadZoneXYZ=True
DeadZoneRUV=False
InvertVertical=False
ScaleXYZ=1000.0
ScaleRUV=2000.0
MinDesiredFrameRate=30.0

[Engine.Player]
ConfiguredInternetSpeed=10000
ConfiguredLanSpeed=20000

[Audio.GenericAudioSubsystem]
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=False
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=False
Use3dHardware=False
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
Channels=16
MusicVolume=160
SoundVolume=200
AmbientFactor=0.7

[Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem]
UseDirectSound=True
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=False
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=False
UseDigitalMusic=True
UseSpatial=False
UseReverb=True
Use3dHardware=False
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=False
Latency=40
OutputRate=22050Hz
EffectsChannels=16
DopplerSpeed=9000.000000
MusicVolume=160
SoundVolume=192
AmbientFactor=0.700000

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=150.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=20000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload

[Engine.DemoRecDriver]
DemoSpectatorClass=Botpack.CHSpectator
MaxClientRate=25000
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=500.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=1.0
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=60
LanServerMaxTickRate=60

[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]
ServerName=Another UT Server
ShortName=UT Server
AdminName=
AdminEmail=
Region=0
MOTDLine1=
MOTDLine2=
MOTDLine3=
MOTDLine4=

[IpDrv.TcpipConnection]
SimPacketLoss=0
SimLatency=0

[IpServer.UdpServerQuery]
GameName=ut

[IpDrv.UdpBeacon]
DoBeacon=True
BeaconTime=0.50
BeaconTimeout=5.0
BeaconProduct=ut

[SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=False
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=False
HighResTextureSmooth=True
LowResTextureSmooth=False
FastTranslucency=True

[GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailBias=-1.500000
RefreshRate=60Hz
DetailTextures=True
FastUglyRefresh=False
ScreenSmoothing=True
Resolution=Default

[MetalDrv.MetalRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=False

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=True
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
DetailTextures=True
UseTrilinear=True
MaxAnisotropy=4
FrameRateLimit=100
UseAA=True
NumAASamples=4
UseMultidrawArrays=True
UseSSE=True
DetailMax=2
SinglePassFog=True
GammaOffset=5.0
ShinySurfaces=True
UseMultitexture=True

[XOpenGLDrv.XOpenGLRenderDevice]
AlwaysMipmap=False
ShareLists=False
DetailTextures=True
MacroTextures=True
BumpMaps=True
DescFlags=0
Description=GeForce 940M/PCIe/SSE2
Coronas=True
ShinySurfaces=True
VolumetricLighting=True
RefreshRate=60
UseSinglePass=True
UseTrilinear=True
UsePrecache=True
NoFiltering=False
LODBias=0.000000
GammaOffsetScreenshots=0.700000
MaxAnisotropy=4
HighDetailActors=True
UseOpenGLDebug=False
DebugLevel=1
UseAA=True
NumAASamples=4
VSync=Off
NoAATiles=True
UseBufferInvalidation=True
NoBuffering=False
GenerateMipMaps=False
OpenGLVersion=Core
FrameRateLimit=100

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=True
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=True
UseMipmapping=True
UseTrilinear=False
UseMultitexture=True
UsePageFlipping=True
UsePalettes=True
UseFullscreen=True
UseGammaCorrection=True
DetailTextures=False
Use3dfx=False
UseTripleBuffering=True
UsePrecache=True
Use32BitTextures=False
DescFlags=1
dwDeviceId=1741
dwVendorId=4318
Use32BitZBuffer=False
UseVertexFog=False
UseAGPTextures=False
UseVideoMemoryVB=False
UseVSync=False
Description=NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470

[SglDrv.SglRenderDevice]
Translucency=True
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=False
Coronas=True
HighDetailActors=False
ColorDepth=16
DetailTextures=False
FastUglyRefresh=False
TextureDetailBias=Near
VertexLighting=False

[Editor.EditorEngine]
UseSound=True
CacheSizeMegs=6
GridEnabled=True
SnapVertices=True
SnapDistance=10.000000
GridSize=(X=16.000000,Y=16.000000,Z=16.000000)
RotGridEnabled=True
RotGridSize=(Pitch=1024,Yaw=1024,Roll=1024)
GameCommandLine=-log
FovAngleDegrees=90.000000
GodMode=True
AutoSave=False
AutoSaveTimeMinutes=5
AutoSaveIndex=6
C_WorldBox=(R=0,G=0,B=107,A=0)
C_GroundPlane=(R=0,G=0,B=63,A=0)
C_GroundHighlight=(R=0,G=0,B=127,A=0)
C_BrushWire=(R=255,G=63,B=63,A=0)
C_Pivot=(R=0,G=255,B=0,A=0)
C_Select=(R=0,G=0,B=127,A=0)
C_AddWire=(R=127,G=127,B=255,A=0)
C_SubtractWire=(R=255,G=192,B=63,A=0)
C_GreyWire=(R=163,G=163,B=163,A=0)
C_Invalid=(R=163,G=163,B=163,A=0)
C_ActorWire=(R=127,G=63,B=0,A=0)
C_ActorHiWire=(R=255,G=127,B=0,A=0)
C_White=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=0)
C_SemiSolidWire=(R=127,G=255,B=0,A=0)
C_NonSolidWire=(R=63,G=192,B=32,A=0)
C_WireGridAxis=(R=119,G=119,B=119,A=0)
C_ActorArrow=(R=163,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_ScaleBox=(R=151,G=67,B=11,A=0)
C_ScaleBoxHi=(R=223,G=149,B=157,A=0)
C_Mover=(R=255,G=0,B=255,A=0)
C_OrthoBackground=(R=163,G=163,B=163,A=0)
C_Current=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_BrushVertex=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_BrushSnap=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_Black=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_Mask=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_WireBackground=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
C_ZoneWire=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0)
EditPackages=Core
EditPackages=Engine
EditPackages=Editor
EditPackages=UWindow
EditPackages=Fire
EditPackages=IpDrv
EditPackages=UWeb
EditPackages=UBrowser
EditPackages=UnrealShare
EditPackages=UnrealI
EditPackages=UMenu
EditPackages=IpServer
EditPackages=Botpack
EditPackages=UTServerAdmin
EditPackages=UTMenu
EditPackages=UTBrowser

[UMenu.UnrealConsole]
UWindowKey=IK_Esc
ShowDesktop=True

[UMenu.UMenuMenuBar]
ShowHelp=True
GameUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTGameMenu
MultiplayerUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu
OptionsUMenuDefault=UTMenu.UTOptionsMenu
ModMenuClass=UMenu.UMenuModMenu

[Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo]
Difficulty=1

[Botpack.DeathMatchPlus]
bNoviceMode=True
bHardCoreMode=True
bUseTranslocator=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False
MinPlayers=0
AirControl=0.350000
FragLimit=30
TimeLimit=0
bChangeLevels=True
bMegaSpeed=False
bAltScoring=False
bMultiWeaponStay=True
bForceRespawn=False
bTournament=False
NetWait=10
RestartWait=15
MaxCommanders=0
InitialBots=4
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False

[Botpack.CTFGame]
bUseTranslocator=True
bCoopWeaponMode=True
GoalTeamScore=3

[Botpack.Domination]
bDumbDown=True
bUseTranslocator=True
bCoopWeaponMode=True
GoalTeamScore=100

[Botpack.Assault]
bUseTranslocator=False
bCoopWeaponMode=True

[Botpack.TeamGamePlus]
bBalanceTeams=True
GoalTeamScore=30
bPlayersBalanceTeams=True

[Engine.GameInfo]
bLowGore=False
bVeryLowGore=False
bMuteSpectators=False
bNoCheating=True
bAllowFOV=False
bExternalBatcher=False
AutoAim=0.930000
GameSpeed=1.000000
MaxSpectators=2
AdminPassword=
GamePassword=
MaxPlayers=16
IPPolicies[0]=ACCEPT,*
IPPolicies[1]=
IPPolicies[2]=
IPPolicies[3]=
IPPolicies[4]=
IPPolicies[5]=
IPPolicies[6]=
IPPolicies[7]=
IPPolicies[8]=
IPPolicies[9]=
IPPolicies[10]=
IPPolicies[11]=
IPPolicies[12]=
IPPolicies[13]=
IPPolicies[14]=
IPPolicies[15]=
IPPolicies[16]=
IPPolicies[17]=
IPPolicies[18]=
IPPolicies[19]=
IPPolicies[20]=
IPPolicies[21]=
IPPolicies[22]=
IPPolicies[23]=
IPPolicies[24]=
IPPolicies[25]=
IPPolicies[26]=
IPPolicies[27]=
IPPolicies[28]=
IPPolicies[29]=
IPPolicies[30]=
IPPolicies[31]=
IPPolicies[32]=
IPPolicies[33]=
IPPolicies[34]=
IPPolicies[35]=
IPPolicies[36]=
IPPolicies[37]=
IPPolicies[38]=
IPPolicies[39]=
IPPolicies[40]=
IPPolicies[41]=
IPPolicies[42]=
IPPolicies[43]=
IPPolicies[44]=
IPPolicies[45]=
IPPolicies[46]=
IPPolicies[47]=
IPPolicies[48]=
IPPolicies[49]=
ServerLogName=server.log
bLocalLog=True
bWorldLog=True
bBatchLocal=False
DemoBuild=0
DemoHasTuts=0
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False

[UnrealShare.UnrealGameOptionsMenu]
bCanModifyGore=True

[UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserUT
ServerListNames[1]=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[2]=UBrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[3]=UBrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[4]=UBrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[5]=UBrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=UBrowserDOM
ServerListNames[7]=UBrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=UBrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=UBrowserAll
ServerListNames[10]=None
ServerListNames[11]=None
ServerListNames[12]=None
ServerListNames[13]=None
ServerListNames[14]=None
ServerListNames[15]=None
ServerListNames[16]=None
ServerListNames[17]=None
ServerListNames[18]=None
ServerListNames[19]=None
ServerListNames[20]=None
ServerListNames[21]=None
ServerListNames[22]=None
ServerListNames[23]=None
ServerListNames[24]=None
ServerListNames[25]=None
ServerListNames[26]=None
ServerListNames[27]=None
ServerListNames[28]=None
ServerListNames[29]=None
ServerListNames[30]=None
ServerListNames[31]=None
ServerListNames[32]=None
ServerListNames[33]=None
ServerListNames[34]=None
ServerListNames[35]=None
ServerListNames[36]=None
ServerListNames[37]=None
ServerListNames[38]=None
ServerListNames[39]=None
ServerListNames[40]=None
ServerListNames[41]=None
ServerListNames[42]=None
ServerListNames[43]=None
ServerListNames[44]=None
ServerListNames[45]=None
ServerListNames[46]=None
ServerListNames[47]=None
ServerListNames[48]=None
ServerListNames[49]=None
bKeepMasterServer=False

[UBrowserUT]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLAN]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserLocalFact,BeaconProduct=ut
URLAppend=?LAN
AutoRefreshTime=10
bNoAutoSort=True

[UBrowserPopulated]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,MinPlayers=1,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDeathmatch]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=DeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserTeamGames]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=TeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserCTF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=CTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserDOM]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Domination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=Assault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserLMS]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=LastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
bHidden=True
bFallbackFactories=True
ServerListTitle=
ListFactories[2]=
ListFactories[3]=
ListFactories[4]=
ListFactories[5]=
ListFactories[6]=
ListFactories[7]=
ListFactories[8]=
ListFactories[9]=
URLAppend=
AutoRefreshTime=0
bNoAutoSort=False

[UTMenu.UTMultiplayerMenu]
OnlineServices[0]=LOCALIZE,MPlayer
OnlineServices[1]=LOCALIZE,Heat
OnlineServices[2]=LOCALIZE,WON

[UWeb.WebServer]
Applications[0]=UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin
ApplicationPaths[0]=/ServerAdmin
Applications[1]=UTServerAdmin.UTImageServer
ApplicationPaths[1]=/images
DefaultApplication=0
bEnabled=False

[UBrowser.UBrowserHTTPClient]
ProxyServerAddress=
ProxyServerPort=

[UTServerAdmin.UTServerAdmin]
AdminUsername=admin
AdminPassword=admin

[IpDrv.HTTPDownLoad]
RedirectToURL=
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

[WindowPositions]
GameLog=(X=0,Y=0,XL=512,YL=256)
ConfigPageRenderer=(X=5,Y=96,XL=516,YL=280)
ConfigPageDetail=(X=5,Y=96,XL=516,YL=280)
ConfigPageFirstTime=(X=5,Y=96,XL=516,YL=280)
WizardDialog=(X=695,Y=307,XL=530,YL=436)
ConfigPageSafeMode=(X=5,Y=96,XL=516,YL=280)
ConfigPageDriver=(X=5,Y=96,XL=516,YL=280)

[UTMenu.UTConsole]
SpeechKey=86
SavedPasswords[0]=
SavedPasswords[1]=
SavedPasswords[2]=
SavedPasswords[3]=
SavedPasswords[4]=
SavedPasswords[5]=
SavedPasswords[6]=
SavedPasswords[7]=
SavedPasswords[8]=
SavedPasswords[9]=
MouseScale=0.700000
ShowDesktop=True
bShowConsole=False
UWindowKey=IK_None

[UWindow.WindowConsole]
ConsoleKey=192

[UMenu.UMenuNetworkClientWindow]
bShownWindow=True

[Botpack.UTIntro]
CityIntroHUDClass=
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False

[UMenu.UMenuRootWindow]
GUIScale=1.000000
LookAndFeelClass=UMenu.UMenuBlueLookAndFeel

[UTMenu.UTMenuBotmatchCW]
Map=DM-Agony.unr
GameType=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus
MutatorList=
bKeepMutators=False

[Engine.StatLog]
LocalBatcherURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngStats/ngStatsUT.exe
LocalBatcherParams=
LocalStatsURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngStats/html/ngStats_Main.html
WorldBatcherURL=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/bin/ngWorldStats.exe
WorldBatcherParams=-d ../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs -g UT
WorldStatsURL=http://www.netgamesusa.com
LocalLogDir=../Logs
WorldLogDir=../NetGamesUSA.com/ngWorldStats/logs
bWorldBatcherError=False

[Botpack.LadderLoadGame]
CityIntroHUDClass=
bNoMonsters=False
bHumansOnly=False
bCoopWeaponMode=False

[UBrowser.UBrowserIRCSetupClient]
IRCServerHistory[0]=irc.utchat.com
IRCServerHistory[1]=
IRCServerHistory[2]=
IRCServerHistory[3]=
IRCServerHistory[4]=
IRCServerHistory[5]=
IRCServerHistory[6]=
IRCServerHistory[7]=
IRCServerHistory[8]=
IRCServerHistory[9]=
IRCChannelHistory[0]=#utgames
IRCChannelHistory[1]=#utchat
IRCChannelHistory[2]=#utmods
IRCChannelHistory[3]=#utlevels
IRCChannelHistory[4]=#uthelp
IRCChannelHistory[5]=
IRCChannelHistory[6]=
IRCChannelHistory[7]=
IRCChannelHistory[8]=
IRCChannelHistory[9]=
bHasReadWarning=False

[MultiMesh.multimeshmenu]
bForceDefaultMesh=False
log with XOpenGL:

Log: Log file open, 11/15/16 22:43:59
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Compiled: Oct 24 2000 23:40:18
Init: Base directory: C:\UnrealTournament\System\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Init: Computer:
Init: User:
Init: Memory total: Phys=2097151K Pagef=4193791K Virt=2097023K
Init: Working set: 2000000 / 2000000
Init: CPU Speed=2400.009800 MHz
Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=4
Init: CPU Detected: PentiumPro-class processor (GenuineIntel)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX KNI
Log: Bound to WinDrv.dll
Init: Mouse info: 6 10 1
Init: Initializing DirectDraw
Log: DirectDraw drivers:
Log:    display (DirectDraw HAL)
Init: DirectDraw initialized successfully
Init: Client initialized
Log: Bound to Render.dll
Log: Bound to Fire.dll
Log: Bound to IpDrv.dll
Log: Browse: CityIntro.unr?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: LoadMap: CityIntro.unr?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: Garbage: objects: 16411->16408; refs: 224633
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: Bound to UWeb.dll
ScriptLog: Team 255
Init: Input system initialized for WindowsViewport0
Log: Opened viewport
Log: Bound to XOpenGLDrv.dll
Log: XOpenGL: Creating new OpenGL context.
Init: XOpenGL: Glew successfully initialized.
Init: XOpenGL: DesiredColorBits: 32
Init: XOpenGL: DesiredDepthBits: 24
Init: XOpenGL: Setting PixelFormat: 43
Init: GL_VENDOR     : NVIDIA Corporation
Init: GL_RENDERER   : GeForce 940M/PCIe/SSE2
Init: GL_VERSION    : 3.3.0 NVIDIA 370.28
Init: GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION    : 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Init: GLEW Version  : 1.13.0
Init: OpenGL 3.3 context initialized!
Log: XOpenGL: Fullscreen NewX 1920 NewY 1080
Log: ChangeDisplaySettings with RefreshRate: 1920x1080, 60 Hz
Log: XOpenGL: MaxCombinedTextureImageUnits: 192
Log: XOpenGL: MaxDualSourceDrawBuffers: 1
Log: XOpenGL: MaxTextureSize: 16384
Log: XOpenGL: MaxAnisotropy = (4/16)
Log: XOpenGL: NumAASamples: (4/32)
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawSimple.vert
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawSimple.frag
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawTile.vert
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawTile.geo
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawTile.frag
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawGouraud.vert
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawGouraud.frag
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawGouraudMeshBuffer.vert
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawGouraudMeshBuffer.frag
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawComplexSinglePass.vert
Log: XOpenGL: No compiler messages for xopengl/DrawComplexSinglePass.frag
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var bHitTesting in DrawSimple
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var LineFlags in DrawSimple
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var bHitTesting in DrawTile
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var RendMap in DrawComplexSinglePass
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var bHitTesting in DrawComplexSinglePass
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var DrawColor in DrawComplexSinglePass
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var FogMode in DrawComplexSinglePass
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var Texture7 in DrawComplexSinglePass
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var bHitTesting in DrawGouraud
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var DrawColor in DrawGouraud
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var Texture2 in DrawGouraud
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var Texture3 in DrawGouraud
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var Texture4 in DrawGouraud
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var Texture5 in DrawGouraud
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var Texture6 in DrawGouraud
Dev: XOpenGL: invalid or unused shader var Texture7 in DrawGouraud
Log: Bound to Galaxy.dll
Init: Galaxy is using DirectSound
Init: Galaxy initialized
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
Log: Startup time: 1.369225 seconds
DevMusic: Load music: Music Uttitle.Uttitle
Log: URL: Adding default option team=255
Log: URL: Adding default option skin=CommandoSkins.daco
Log: URL: Adding default option Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor
Log: Browse: Index.unr?entry?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport0
ScriptLog: Creating root window: UMenu.UMenuRootWindow
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music Uttitle.Uttitle
DevMusic: Load music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
Warning: Failed to load 'RocketArena': Can't find file for package 'RocketArena'
Warning: Failed to load 'oldskoolRA': Can't find file for package 'RocketArena'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class oldskoolRA.oldskoolRocketArenaGame': Can't find file for package 'RocketArena'
ScriptWarning: UTMenuStartMatchCW Transient.UTMenuStartMatchCW0 (Function UTMenu.UTMenuStartMatchCW.Created:053D) Accessed null class context
Log: Browse: DM-Agony.unr?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: LoadMap: DM-Agony.unr?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package DecayedS
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package GenIn
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package AmbModern
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package MultiMesh
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package EpicCustomModels
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package RelicsBindings
Log: Garbage: objects: 26068->22724; refs: 310596
Log: Game class is 'DeathMatchPlus'
Log: Level is Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level DM-Agony.MyLevel up for play (0)...
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is DM-Agony.DMMutator0
ScriptLog: Initiating local logging...
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale1 DM-Agony.TMale2
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
DevMusic: Load music: Music Course.Course
ScriptLog: 0 frames rendered in 38.54 seconds. Min 0.00 Max 0.00 Avg 0.00 fps.
Log: Unbound to Engine.dll
Log: Unbound to Core.dll
Log: Unbound to Window.dll
Log: Unbound to WinDrv.dll
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Log: Flushing cache
Exit: DirectDraw released
Exit: Windows client shut down
Log: Unbound to Render.dll
Log: Unbound to Fire.dll
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Botpack
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UnrealShare
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UnrealI
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Female2Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Male2Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Female1Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package BossVoice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Male1Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UMenu
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UWindow
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UBrowser
Log: Unbound to IpDrv.dll
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package IpDrv
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Announcer
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Detail
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package GenFX
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package genfluid
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package AmbAncient
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package AmbOutside
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTMenu
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package LadderSounds
Log: Unbound to UWeb.dll
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UWeb
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTServerAdmin
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package IpServer
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package LadrArrow
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package CommandoSkins
Log: Unbound to XOpenGLDrv.dll
Log: Unbound to Galaxy.dll
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: NULL
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music Course.Course
Exit: Galaxy shut down
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package LadderFonts
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UWindowFonts
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package FCommandoSkins
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package DM-Agony
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTcrypt
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Indus6
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Crypt2
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTtech1
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package shanechurch
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package skybox
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package DoorsAnc
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Course
Init: Shut down moving brush tracker for Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
Log: Garbage: objects: 23117->0; refs: 310596
Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Memory Allocation Status
Uninitialized: Curr Memory  2.715M /  2.117M
Uninitialized: Peak Memory  64.789M /  65.727M
Uninitialized: Allocs          53 Current /  4399809 Total
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 11/15/16 22:45:27
log with OpenGL:

Log: Log file open, 11/15/16 22:57:59
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1 (Build: 2600)
Init: Compiled: Oct 24 2000 23:40:18
Init: Base directory: C:\UnrealTournament\System\
Init: Character set: Unicode
Log: Bound to Engine.dll
Log: Bound to Core.dll
Log: Bound to Window.dll
Init: Computer:
Init: User:
Init: Memory total: Phys=2097151K Pagef=4193791K Virt=2097023K
Init: Working set: 2000000 / 2000000
Init: CPU Speed=2399.985399 MHz
Init: CPU Page size=4096, Processors=4
Init: CPU Detected: PentiumPro-class processor (GenuineIntel)
Init: CPU Features: CMov FPU RDTSC PAE MMX KNI
Log: Bound to WinDrv.dll
Init: Mouse info: 6 10 1
Init: Initializing DirectDraw
Log: DirectDraw drivers:
Log:    display (DirectDraw HAL)
Init: DirectDraw initialized successfully
Init: Client initialized
Log: Bound to Render.dll
Log: Bound to Fire.dll
Log: Bound to IpDrv.dll
Log: Browse: CityIntro.unr?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: LoadMap: CityIntro.unr?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: Garbage: objects: 16411->16408; refs: 224633
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: Bound to UWeb.dll
Init: Input system initialized for WindowsViewport0
Log: Opened viewport
Log: Bound to OpenGLDrv.dll
Log: Initializing OpenGLDrv...
Log: Enter SetRes()
Init: GL_VENDOR     : NVIDIA Corporation
Init: GL_RENDERER   : GeForce 940M/PCIe/SSE2
Init: GL_VERSION    : 4.5.0 NVIDIA 370.28
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_bgra
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_texture_compression
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_texture_env_combine
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
Init: Device supports: GL_NV_texture_env_combine4
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_secondary_color
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_multitexture
Init: Device supports: GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_vertex_program
Init: Device supports: GL_ARB_fragment_program
Init: Depth bits: 24
Init: AA samples: 4
Log: 4 Texture Mapping Units found
Log: MaxAnisotropy: 16
Log: Trying to use S3TC extension.
Log: MinLogTextureSize: 2
Log: MaxLogTextureSize: 14
Log: BufferActorTris: 1
Log: UseDetailAlpha: 1
Log: Bound to Galaxy.dll
Init: Galaxy is using DirectSound
Init: Galaxy initialized
Log: Startup time: 1.117197 seconds
DevMusic: Load music: Music Uttitle.Uttitle
Log: Browse: Index.unr?entry?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
ScriptLog: Creating root window: UMenu.UMenuRootWindow
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music Uttitle.Uttitle
DevMusic: Load music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
Warning: Failed to load 'RocketArena': Can't find file for package 'RocketArena'
Warning: Failed to load 'oldskoolRA': Can't find file for package 'RocketArena'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class oldskoolRA.oldskoolRocketArenaGame': Can't find file for package 'RocketArena'
ScriptWarning: UTMenuStartMatchCW Transient.UTMenuStartMatchCW0 (Function UTMenu.UTMenuStartMatchCW.Created:053D) Accessed null class context
Log: Browse: DM-Agony.unr?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: LoadMap: DM-Agony.unr?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package DecayedS
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package GenIn
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package AmbModern
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package MultiMesh
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package EpicCustomModels
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package RelicsBindings
Log: Garbage: objects: 25641->22747; refs: 310709
Log: Game class is 'DeathMatchPlus'
Log: Level is Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level DM-Agony.MyLevel up for play (0)...
ScriptLog: InitGame: ?Game=BotPack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=?Name=REA?Class=BotPack.TMale1?team=255?skin=CommandoSkins.daco?Face=CommandoSkins.Luthor?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne
ScriptLog: Base Mutator is DM-Agony.DMMutator0
ScriptLog: Initiating local logging...
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale1 DM-Agony.TMale2
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
DevMusic: Load music: Music Course.Course
ScriptLog: 0 frames rendered in 18.64 seconds. Min 0.00 Max 0.00 Avg 0.00 fps.
Log: Unbound to Engine.dll
Log: Unbound to Core.dll
Log: Unbound to Window.dll
Log: Unbound to WinDrv.dll
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Log: Flushing cache
Exit: DirectDraw released
Exit: Windows client shut down
Log: Unbound to Render.dll
Log: Unbound to Fire.dll
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Botpack
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UnrealShare
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UnrealI
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Female2Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Male2Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Female1Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package BossVoice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Male1Voice
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UMenu
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UWindow
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UBrowser
Log: Unbound to IpDrv.dll
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package IpDrv
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Announcer
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Detail
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package GenFX
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package genfluid
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package AmbAncient
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package AmbOutside
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTMenu
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package LadderSounds
Log: Unbound to UWeb.dll
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UWeb
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTServerAdmin
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package IpServer
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package LadrArrow
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package CommandoSkins
Log: Unbound to OpenGLDrv.dll
Log: Unbound to Galaxy.dll
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: NULL
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music Course.Course
Exit: Galaxy shut down
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package LadderFonts
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UWindowFonts
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package SoldierSkins
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package SGirlSkins
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package DM-Agony
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTcrypt
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Indus6
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Crypt2
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package UTtech1
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package shanechurch
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package skybox
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package DoorsAnc
Log: -0.0ms Unloading: Package Course
Init: Shut down moving brush tracker for Level DM-Agony.MyLevel
Log: Garbage: objects: 23373->0; refs: 310709
Exit: Object subsystem successfully closed.
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Memory Allocation Status
Uninitialized: Curr Memory  1.590M /  0.992M
Uninitialized: Peak Memory  60.464M /  61.410M
Uninitialized: Allocs          50 Current /  2088406 Total
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 11/15/16 22:59:05
How can I cap the framerate with XOpenGL?[reason]Subtitle change.[/reason]
Last edited by REA on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smirftsch
Administrator

Post by Smirftsch »

try VSync=Adaptive or VSync=On
REA
OldUnreal Member

Post by REA »

Well, with both VSync options, it is still slightly faster than it supposed to be. Well, fine then; I will finish the mod on Linux with rmode 7 which disables all the lightnings. Let us hope Tim Sweeney will keep his promise to open source Unreal Engine 1 someday, so Linux user can enjoy the game without compromises....
Last edited by REA on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”