For direct access use https://forums.oldunreal.com
It's been quite a while since oldunreal had an overhaul, but we are moving to another server which require some updates and changes. The biggest change is the migration of our old reliable YaBB forum to phpBB. This system expects you to login with your username and old password known from YaBB.
If you experience any problems there is also the usual "password forgotten" function. Don't forget to clear your browser cache!
If you have any further concerns feel free to contact me: Smirftsch@oldunreal.com

D3D11 not working on laptop with D3d11 capable video card gtx 850m

Questions, Tips&Tricks for the special patches
cesarone82

D3D11 not working on laptop with D3d11 capable video card gtx 850m

Post by cesarone82 »

Hi all, i tried to install D3D11 to use highres textures, but i have issues:

I get the following error when launching the game:
The procedure entry point ?Placeholder@URENDERDEVICE@@UAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library D3D11Drv.dll.

It seems unreal can t use the discrete graphic on my laptop (GTX850m and HD4600), even when putting the preference to use the discrete nvidia on the control panel. The game won 't start unless i put startfullscreen=false, in this case i get the error and the game starts but with texture corruption and very clear artifacts, any advice?
cesarone82

Re: D3D11 not working on laptop with D3d11 capable video card gtx 850m

Post by cesarone82 »

My error, the gog setup was identified as 227i but i checked in game and the version is 226, installing 227i solved the problem, thanks for the great work!

Return to “OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament”