logo
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UEd 2.2: Problem with "Select Surfaces -> Or With Memory" (Read 148 times)
Zeddy_Ryan

Oldunreal member

UEd 2.2: Problem with "Select Surfaces -> Or With Memory"
Dec 30th, 2020 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
(This post is about UEd 2.2, but I am posting this in the UEd 2.1 forum because there is no 2.2 forum)

Hi, I have a question/comment about UnrealEd 2.2, which came with the v469 patch for Unreal Tournament.

Before I get to the main problem, I'd like to make a small complaint. First of all, in UnrealEd 2.2 there's the menu option "Help -> UED 2.2 Help", which doesn't appear to do anything at all when I click it. Also, when I click on  "Help -> Oldunreal UnrealEd 2.2 Forum", I get taken to an error page at this very website (Oldunreal) because there doesn't appear to be a subforum here specifically for UEd 2.2. So that's two Help menu items that offer no help whatsoever, at the time I'm writing this.

Now onto the main topic. When working with large selections of surfaces in a map, there are many useful selection operations that can be performed, including storing a selection of surfaces into memory, to be recalled or operated on later. However, one of them simply does not work the way it should.

The option "Select Surfaces -> Or With Memory" doesn't appear to do anything at all. It should select all sufaces that are either in the current selection or in memory. Thought of another way, this operation should extend the current selection by any memorized surfaces that are not already current. Thought of a third way, this operation should give a selection that is the set-theoretic "union" of of the current selection and the memorized selection.

But what actually happens is nothing. It doesn't make a difference if I use the context menu or the given keyboard shortcut of "Shift+O", it has no effect. Remember that I'm talking about UEd 2.2. This function does work in 2.1, but not in 2.2.

EDIT: I've just checked this in UEd 2.0 to see if this is an old problem, and the result was strange. In UEd 2.0, choosing "Select Surfaces -> Or With Memory" from the context menu does work, but the keyboard shortcut does not work.

EDIT 2: I've tried to use the relevant commands directly from the console in the editor, and they all work flawlessly. So this seems to be nothing more than a key-binding issue.

EDIT 3: Speaking of keybinding issues, "Ctrl S" is bound both to Save and to Subtract, which is absolutely problematic.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2021 at 1:56am by Zeddy_Ryan »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo