Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Recompiling ucc, 3d models gets distorted (Read 134 times)
Johanna122212

Oldunreal member

Recompiling ucc, 3d models gets distorted
Jun 10th, 2020 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Hi!

I like to play around rebuilding some weapons and mods and play around with the code. But I noticed in WOTGrealExporter that the models get distorted after I've exported everything (script,textures,models,audio) with WOTGrealExporter and recompiled it with ucc make.

Why is this happening? Is it an error in the export or building process? Should I use another software than WOTGrealExporter to export assets?

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

gonna be dead soon, gg

Re: Recompiling ucc, 3d models gets distorted
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2020 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
98% of time it is a wot export issue, 80% of models exported with utpt/wotexporter get at least 1 frame corrupted,
in 227j you have the option of exporting the mesh file, thats the best option if you can load it in there.
you can use umodel to export them instead, but that method losses the weapon poly, so for instance playermodels wont hold a weapon..

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Johanna122212

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Thank you, will try that later.
What I've come up with now is comparing the exported files from umodel and WOTGrealExporter and come up with that the *_a.3d file is being corrupted and missing a few bytes from WOTGreal:

but even after using the fixed one the weapon shows up 180 degree turned in WOTGrealExporter:

IP Logged

Krull0r
Global Moderator
Betatester
Developer Team

227 Emitter Expert

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 9:46am
Print Post  
It  seems that the mesh is to big. The vertices are moved to the edge of the boundary box. Try to scale the source mesh down. It needs to fit in a boundary box with a size of 256 * 256 * 256 units.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo