Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Preparing to play through the game coop with friends, need help. (Read 280 times)
Mobile Meow Machine

Oldunreal member

Preparing to play through the game coop with friends, need help.
Apr 16th, 2020 at 9:04am
Print Post  
We’re looking for a challenge, and I’ve spent a few hours trying to figure out two things:

How to change the difficulty. We’d like as much of a challenge as possible. (I swear this is impossible to find information on)
How to make pickups unique to the person, so everybody can pick up an item once, without taking it for the others. (I read that there was a mutator or something that does this)

Now, quick information:
We’re using 227i
We’re using the JCoopZ mod for persistent levels/gear so we can tackle it over time and not one sitting.

After all I’ve read these past few hours, the only way to do both of these things is to use a mutator. I can grasp the basics of what those are, I’ve used them plenty in games before, but I have no clue how to make one, where to put one in the files, and I can’t even find a place to download them.

If someone could help me out, that would be much appreciated!

IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Re: Preparing to play through the game coop with friends, need help.
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Heya Meow machine, also welcome to OldUnreal Smiley

As for a specific mutator which does that, I have no doubt it exists but I'm not sure what it's called or where to find it .... However ...

There is a mod called RLCoop which does similar things as how you described, the original being RLCoopS and also another newer version made by somebody else; RLCoop is very challenging, only permits you one life per map unless you're revived by another player with a superhealth, weapons and items may only be obtained once (they don't respawn).

If all players in the map end up dying, the map restarts to the very beginning. I don't know if this suggestion is a bit overkill to what you're looking for, but I can try to provide for you some gameplay videos so you know what to expect!

The other version of RLCoop which is newer and perhaps slightly toned down in some departments is Eddys version (there is a dedicated RLCoopE server that is often quite populated, but you may just want to play with friends only).

(Both versions of RLCoop also support persistent levels [I think] and gear. Providing you didn't die on one map and weren't revived before players reached the end, your gear will be saved even if you disconnect).

AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Whistleblower Ted Gunderson
IP Logged

Silver Wolf
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
RLCoop is quite the challenging mod, so if you're looking for the highest challenge possible it may help achieving that, however I wanted to clarify a few things about RLCoopE (the edit version I've been working on). RLCoopE adds a lot of features like new weapons and reworked items while also trying to rebalance the mod in general by removing a lot of RNG the original mod has, one of the bigger features it has is a leveling system with stats which the original does not have, both levels and inventory save when you finish a map, however if you died you will lose all of your inventory, but you get to keep your stats (As of now disconnecting won't allow you to keep/lose items and experience gained from the map you disconnected on but I'm trying to find a solution for that). I've not published this mod anywhere yet other than our Unreal server but I wouldn't mind sharing it.

IP Logged

Mobile Meow Machine

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Some of the important questions I'd have about that mod is.. Can everyone pick up the same items? Or does only one person get each gun spawn?

If someone dies, and we finish the level while they are still dead, is all gear lost or do they keep it?

What would you say the difficulty is on par to related to the original difficulty levels?

And lastly, how much does the mod change the game from the base experience? One of my friends has never played the original unreal, and I would like to keep it as original as possible.

IP Logged

Silver Wolf
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Reply #4 - Apr 16th, 2020 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
No, not everyone can pick up the same item, and if someone dies they lose gear but not levels, difficulty wise it varies but usually harder than original

However, the mod does change the gameplay a lot from the original, so I'd say it's not a good idea for your friend to play that as their first time

Re reading your original post did you want items to basically be able to get picked up only once per person but still allow everyone to have them? Because I think that's a normal setting for gamemodes you can enable, something like bCoopWeapons

Also difficulty should be a thing you can set when starting a server (or maybe through JCoop's settings but I can't remember)

If you want I could try making mutators for you, as long as it's not something too complex for me to handle Tongue

IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #5 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Dots made this a mutator a while back. I havent tried it since 227f, but it should work in principle. https://klankaos.com/downloads/OPPM.rar to use it, place the files in your system folder and add it to the parameters of the server/open command as such:

open mapname?game=jcoopz.jcoopz1?mutator=OncePerPlayerMut.OncePerPlayerMut?listen

or unreal.exe?game=jcoopz.jcoopz1?mutator=OncePerPlayerMut.OncePerPlayerMut -server

(I am going by memory of the jcoopz game name, I may have gotten it wrong)

you do not need to add this to server packages i am pretty sure.

It's supposed to allow you to pick up items only once per person.

Also, I would avoid RLcoop like the plague, it's only for masochists who enjoy slow as molasses play with frankly dumb and broken gameplay. I have no idea why you move so slowly. It's basically playing an entirely different (read: worse) game. Play it at your own peril. I play games to have fun, not to be tortured by moving like a snail.

EDIT: there is also a mod called survivalcoop that does something similar to the mutator in addition to that nobody can respawn once they die, but I dont know if I have the latest version of that and it's its own gametype which is incompatible with jcoopz so you couldnt get inventory saved anyway.

IP Logged

BobIsUnreal
God Member

gonna be dead soon, gg

Reply #6 - Apr 17th, 2020 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
RrDCoop works with jcoopz and adds wait to re spawn and one live per level

[REM_img]http://i.imgur.com/V3OSsDu.gif.disable[/img]http://i.imgur.com/JOu38Gs.gif
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo