Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chances of Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4 revival (Read 150 times)
luke11685

Oldunreal member

Chances of Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4 revival
Mar 9th, 2020 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I'm just wondering is Epic Games studio able to focus on more than one game project which means more than Fortnite Battle Royale(prototype wasn't so popular). I wish Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4(I've got this feeling that they don't want to do anything with these games) would make founder and CEO of Epic Games Tim Sweeney rich like billionaire I guess thanks to help of their Chinese investors Tencent.

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Re: Chances of Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4 revival
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2020 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
luke11685 wrote on Mar 9th, 2020 at 11:24am:
I'm just wondering is Epic Games studio able to focus on more than one game project

They probably could if they were small scale. They already have a huge thing going with Fortnite and that's bringing in loads of cash.

which means more than Fortnite Battle Royale(prototype wasn't so popular).

I remember Fortnite being insanely popular from the start, what's that about?

I wish Jazz Jackrabbit 3 and Unreal Tournament 4(I've got this feeling that they don't want to do anything with these games) would make founder and CEO of Epic Games Tim Sweeney rich like billionaire

Jazz Jackrabbit is barely a footnote and nobody remembers it at Epic. The first one was popular 26 years ago and the second one was a flop. It's so oldschool it was taught by Plato himself and though that's not a bad thing, it's irrelevant to today's market.
UT4 was completely mismanaged and missed the time window when arena shooters briefly enjoyed moderate renewed interest. Arena fast FPS games have been a niche genre for more than a decade and the game would have been free anyway, so either or both games would have made them something like 0.12$.
Meanwhile, Tim Sweeney is already a billionaire.

I guess thanks to help of their Chinese investors Tencent.

?

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo