Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Multiplayer Server Settings (Read 118 times)
JollyOlSport

Oldunreal member

Multiplayer Server Settings
Jan 12th, 2020 at 4:41am
Print Post  
  Hello, Im looking the create a multiplayer server for a couple of friends and I to play on. I just want to do the normal Unreal playthrough as well as RTNP expansion playthrough. I have been able to boot up the server before, but the problem I had was that the inventories would not transfer over to the next level. Now this could be because of the game mode, and I have run some tests trying out the different game modes. I.E. Unreal Single player, and Unreal Coop.  So I think what I want is the coop game, but the problem with this is that weapons re spawn and I dont want that. How would I go about fixing that issue? Another thing is setting a password for the server so I wouldn't have anybody that isnt a friend joining ruining the run.

IP Logged

Masterkent
Developer Team

Re: Multiplayer Server Settings
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2020 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
JollyOlSport wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 4:41am:
but the problem with this is that weapons re spawn and I dont want that. How would I go about fixing that issue?

Only by using mods. I can send you my game controller in PM if you're interested.

JollyOlSport wrote on Jan 12th, 2020 at 4:41am:
Another thing is setting a password for the server so I wouldn't have anybody that isnt a friend joining ruining the run.

Of course, you can set GamePassword, but I consider this solution a bit silly. Why not just disable advertising your server, so it wouldn't appear in the list of available servers? Your friends won't need to enter the password and other players won't see a server where they can't play.

IP Logged

JollyOlSport

Oldunreal member

Re: Multiplayer Server Settings
Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2020 at 1:49am
Print Post  
I thought advertising the server would be the only way to show that it was available for people to access. Yeah, if you could send me that PM I'd appreciate it, thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo