Donate for Oldunreal:
Links to our wiki:
Welcome, Guest. Please
Anything else ?
› Some noob questions to get me started
Some noob questions to get me started (Read 167 times)
Joined: Dec 30
Some noob questions to get me started
, 2019 at 5:06am
Hi, everybody. So I want to get into Unreal Engine finally. The problem is I never played Unreal or UT, and nowadays I'm interested in Unreal more from technological standpoint. The only Unreal Engine games I've played back in the day are the Harry Potter games and Undying, in case there's any difference.
So, I decided to ask all my general questions here just to kickstart my introduction to the engine. I'll ask more specific questions in the respective subforums as I go.
1. First and foremost, I need editing/modding documentation, as complete and up-to-date as possible. The wiki on this website should be what I need, but it seems to be broken. Keeps telling me that I can only download from within this domain, which I am, but it still won't let me.
2. What tools do you guys use to extract game data? I only know of wotgreal, but it extracts everything into generic folders (Classes, Images, Models, etc.), however, according to the references in the .uc files there's supposed to be a directory structure, which wotgreal does not recreate. I also tried Watto game Extractor, but it created unreadable files.
3. I'm also looking for a list Unreal Engine source releases/leaks. Please, include links, if possible, for official releases. I understand, it would be against the rules to post links to leaks, so for those some info and a filename should suffice.
I'm really excited to finally get into some Unreal modding. I was a Quake guy growing up and Unreal was always "that other engine", I've come to appreciate Unreal's appeal and importance over the years.
Joined: May 21
Re: Some noob questions to get me started
Reply #1 -
, 2019 at 3:49pm
I can only answer your first question: yes, the wiki links are unfortunately rejected by Oldunreal itself. You can find the tutorials
and download should work.
Most full tutorials on online form were unfortunately lost as time went by and websites disappeared. These downloadable resources should cover most of what you need. Specific aspects of editing, though, might require some outside documentation. There are a few articles on the wiki and many small websites still exist with docs on how to execute some weird tricks and cool effects. Let us know what you are looking for.
You must construct additional pylons.
Forum Jump »
» 10 most recent Posts
» 10 most recent Topics
Unreal General Forum
- Real-CTF Board
UnrealTournament General Forum
- Infiltration-Board for UnrealTournament
- Thievery for UT
Unreal2 General Forum
Other Unreal Engine Games
Unreal Engine 1 and 2
- Clive Barker's Undying
- Deep Space Nine: The Fallen
- Deus Ex
- Disney's Brother Bear
- Dr. Brain: Action Reaction
- Harry Potter Series
- Mobile Forces
- Nerf Arena Blast
- The Next Generation: Klingon Honor Guard
- The Wheel of Time
- X-COM: Enforcer
Editing, scripting, modelling and mapping
- C++ Native Mods for UE1
UnrealEd, the editor for Unreal up to version 226
UnrealEd 2, the editor for UnrealTournament
UnrealEd 2.1, the Unreal 227 editor
High-Res Textures for Unreal & UnrealTournament
OpenGL & D3D for Unreal & UnrealTournament
ALAudio (OpenAL), FMOD (FMOD3 and FMOD Ex) or other new audio renderer for UEngine 1 Games
Hardware & Drivers
Hyper's Unreal hideout
Anything else ? ««
« Board Index
» Powered by
YaBB Forum Software
© 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.