Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Little bit about myself (Read 867 times)
Buster
Global Moderator

Re: Little bit about myself
Reply #15 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 12:49am
Print Post  
I didn't know about the 'unblock' thing in the properties. Hey, thanks for the info. I've been without access to any of the .chm tuts for quite a while. Like a dumbasp. LMAO

Smiley

Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
Smiley_~
IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #16 - Sep 5th, 2019 at 7:59am
Print Post  
I guess .chm files were popular before .PDF came out.

IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #17 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Yeah the unblock thing crept in some point in windows 7 updates as a way to lock down permissions on downloaded files.

Annoyingly for some reason windows can end up setting it on files you actually create or edit locally.

@luke11685
.chm files are simply packaged HTML files and were the replacement for .hlp files.
These were only ever intended for help documentation so will open quickly with a very small client.

PDF is a proprietary Adobe wrapper for the free EPS format, that requires you pay for the version of acrobat that writes files.
It is intended for use as a universal scalable format for high quality print jobs, and over time has had more features and vulnerabilities added.
Yes you can make simple help guides with it, but then you need a large piece of software to open it.

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #18 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Yesterday I tried to build my first map in Unreal Editor 1 however it ended up with some error because I guess I forgot about lights (instead of icons it turned into bitmap textures kind of like hidden room in Half-Life 1 that multiplied textures of Gabe Newell face, but with torches instead, but only with one wall) and player spawning point.

IP Logged

Buster
Global Moderator

Reply #19 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
A really good way to build the first rooms of your first map is to start with Wolf's Tutorials. It has a decent 'building my first level' walkthrough styled section. It's what I did in 2001, and what I've being suggesting to others since 2005. It's my favorite first timer's UEd tutorial. It can also be found in most of the UEd reference collections, such as the CUERG.

Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
Smiley_~
IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #20 - Sep 9th, 2019 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
I even have a file of my first map. So should I start making maps or fixing scripts first? Do I have to some C++ programing experience to fix load and save(is it possible or not?) to make it functioning properly in old jj3d pt demo?
When I'll reach to lesson 8 I'm going to ask how to make power shield item bubble just like from since Sonic Adventure 1 and Buzz Lightyear Star Command,but just touching it from the ground (bottom terrain).
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w5pz1auh3i6j584/EXP1.unr/file Before I made this map I wanted to ask something Thomas Jachimczak related to Unreal Editor 1 by sending him e-mail,but instead of responding it turns out to Mail Delivery Subsystem.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2019 at 11:43pm by luke11685 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo