Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic JJ3D character modding (Read 302 times)
luke11685

Oldunreal member

JJ3D character modding
Jul 27th, 2019 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Is it neccessary to extract 3D animations frame per frame just like that in order to swap character models and character textures? Anyway is it possible to add some playable characters such as Spaz and Lori?Could it be too complicated?I also want to know how to make new maps in JJ3D on Unreal Editor 1? And the last the last thing I want to know how to import animations for example walking through walls just like in UT4/Unreal Tournament 2016(from Unreal Engine 4)? Also I want to ask you why static meshes(character models) had no skeletal meshes?

« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2019 at 9:23am by luke11685 »  

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Re: JJ3D character modding
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure I remember this well, so I might be wrong here, but I think the problem is:

- Meshes were not skeletal in UE1 for a long time. I think support for skeletons was added during UT99's life.
- Animations were made by having all the frames of the animation in a single 3d file. Each frame was the same model in a different position and with a name indicating its place in the sequence. So an animation was a single file containing all the frames needed and with all the frames numbered. An animation was put into the game by importing each animation separately and by reading the sequence in order, the engine would make the animation (just like an animated movie, but in 3d).

So when exporting an animation you're exporting all the frames of the anim.
To import your animation you have to do just that: a file with all the different frames of the animation. You can, I think, make your model and add a skeleton, but it will only be useful to you, as it will make posing the mesh in all the successive frames quicker. It also means you can't use a set of animations with a different model than the one for which it was made. (This is only possible with skeleton support by the engine as the model and the skeleton+its animations are somewhat separate.)

Also, models are not static-meshes. Static-meshes are, as the name suggest, static, their polygons never move. You're talking about what we'd call, for lack of a better word, a normal "mesh" or a "model".

EDIT: To make maps for the game, you need to learn how to use the editor and how JJ3D's specific actors work. Actors are pieces of script that control everything except the geometry. This includes enemies, weapons, etc.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2019 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
It sounds like making 2D animations.

IP Logged

luke11685

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2019 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
If I already exported(that was extracted before by using Unreal Model Viewer) each every animation per frame should I export it as .obj files or .a3d/.d3d unreal meshes animated models? Should I mark export to UCC folder structure in Blender? How can I pack models? Should I use UCC.exe for that?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo