Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Closing down for a while (Read 639 times)
gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Closing down for a while
Apr 13th, 2019 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
It's not a big deal but I wanted to offer my server if anyone is interested in running it. I'm going to take a break for a while and I don't know when/if I'll be able to return. The last couple of months have started to become a real struggle as my level of pain and discomfort is increasing. I just need to spend my time focusing on better sleep and minimizing extra effort stuff. My server sees daily use but I just don't have time and energy to keep it updated and rolling let alone actually improve things within it.

Anyway, it's yours if you want it. You have full rights to do anything with my code work inside it and I'm happy to send you the source to the things I've made for it. There probably won't be much more from my end anyway. Dealing with the day-to-day takes way more effort than I have the reserves for.

BTW, this is an aside but if you smoke please consider stopping. You don't want to do this, trust me. Head and neck cancer will change your life and there's no going back. It's all uphill. Every. Single. Step.

So, not looking for sympathy or empathy (we've all got troubles) I just wanted to offer my server and not just shut it down without explanation.

Peace my friends!

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

Krull0r
Global Moderator
Betatester
Developer Team

227 Emitter Expert

Re: Closing down for a while
Reply #1 - Apr 13th, 2019 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Sounds really bad Kelly. I'm sorry to hear that! Sad

Take the time you need and try to recover!

I wish you good luck and take care Kelly!

IP Logged

strategy-(DOG)-

-(DOG)-clan | Oldunreal

Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:38am
Print Post  
all the best wishes kelly! i wish you a good recovery and take good care!
WOOF!

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Wishing you the best. I can only hope for better days. I believe we'll be a bunch out there thinking about you, keep fighting.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2019 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
The server could be very useful for showcasing the various projects from this site.
Perhaps a small admin team would be interested in running it.

Rest well and hope to see you back later.
You tend to get carried away each time you come back and burn out, so make sure you keep it to a more casual use of Unreal if you fire it up.

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Best luck with your fight. I never smoked, but that does not guarantee safety either.
These nasty things always seem to happen to others, until the dice roll in your disadvantage, or your family's.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 2:38am
Print Post  
I get what you are saying Flay but this is the first time I'm being forced backwards and it's not by my own choice. I have a hairline fracture in my maxilla (the plate above where your upper teeth sit) and it really sucks. The radiation damage thinned the bone and I must have bore down too hard trying to eat something I shouldn't be. It's a damn painful wake-up call to start paying attention to stuff. The last thing I want is to have to get a plate put in there or try to bone graft something from my leg. My doc said this is something I'll recover from but his real worry is that my mandible is also in the same shape. Breaking that would be really bad.

Anyhow I need to spend my free time cooking better meals for myself and sleeping better. I just spend too much time on forums and coding and such, especially at night. My personality is that I just can't moderate so it's all or nothing. If I just remove it then I can deal with it. I already dropped all my discord channels and in a bit I'm going to stop the server and shut down the box.

I'll be around some, just not nearly as active. I think if I remove the stress of a server and keeping up with fixing things on it I'll be a better person.

Of course this could all just be the hydrocodone talking. I'm not really sure  Cheesy  Peace guys and thanks for the good thoughts.

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

Rubie
Betatester

Retired

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Oh, i just read this , I wish you a fast recovery friend, and strange but true I renamed the server past week to community server this is realy strange , so as said and I see this is your wish the server is open for everyone that want to finetune or to modify. 
Just pm

Greets,

Rubie

Ps. I will lightup a candle for you

I have no signature Smiley
IP Logged

Buster
Global Moderator

Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 12:09am
Print Post  
All the best wishes. My prayers are with you.

Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
Smiley_~
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo