Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Crazy Castle (Read 576 times)
redgrape501

Oldunreal member

Crazy Castle
Feb 28th, 2019 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Dear Unreal Coummity

I would like to know you're thoughts on the Crazy Castle video game series are?

Wikipedia link (copy and paste to address bar)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Castle_(series)

What do you think? Is it a video game series that's worth getting a reboot through a total conversion mod? It's just a review question.

IP Logged

gopostal
Betatester

Hack coder

Re: Crazy Castle
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
There's a few people who have done scrollers but they mostly don't get played once released. My personal opinion is that the players attracted to Unreal are here for the 3d aspect of the environment. If you restrict that down to 2d it's maybe interesting if it's part of a level like Blizz did for "Mario 2d versus 3d". Having to keep playing like that though is another game entirely and I think there just isn't much interest for it aside from nostalgia.

That being said you should totally make your passion. Don't ever create anything for someone else. Do it because it interests you and makes you excited to work on it. I expect no one will play anything I do, I just like getting into the world and sculpting out the experience I want to play. If someone else gets it then great but it's far down the list of why I still create mods.

I don't want to give the end away
but we're all going to die one day

IP Logged

redgrape501

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
gopostal wrote on Feb 28th, 2019 at 3:38pm:
There's a few people who have done scrollers but they mostly don't get played once released. My personal opinion is that the players attracted to Unreal are here for the 3d aspect of the environment. If you restrict that down to 2d it's maybe interesting if it's part of a level like Blizz did for "Mario 2d versus 3d". Having to keep playing like that though is another game entirely and I think there just isn't much interest for it aside from nostalgia.

That being said you should totally make your passion. Don't ever create anything for someone else. Do it because it interests you and makes you excited to work on it. I expect no one will play anything I do, I just like getting into the world and sculpting out the experience I want to play. If someone else gets it then great but it's far down the list of why I still create mods.

What I mean is a 3D First person shooter adaption of the Crazy Castle series. Keep the story intact but change the gameplay from a scroller to a 3D first person shooter. Think of Mario 3D using the Unreal Engin.

IP Logged

dustinechoes849

General Protection Fault!

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I thought for a sec you were talking about this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bugs_Bunny_Crazy_Castle
LOL Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

don't bother trying to message me over AIM, I haven't used that in years lol
I have a Discord, the number thingie is #6413
IP Logged

redgrape501

Oldunreal member

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Well or this.

https://spong.com/game/11030081/Woody-Woodpecker-in-Crazy-Castle-5-GBA?cc=t

This would be a good game to adapt to a 3D FPS Shooter. But that does not mean we can't have a Looney Tune themed arena shooter. If you rembere Looney Tunes Racing that is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looney_Tunes_Racing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo