Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as? (Read 399 times)
redgrape501

Oldunreal member

Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as?
Nov 3rd, 2018 at 3:35am
Print Post  
I first got the game and played it when I was just an elementary schoolboy in the seconed grade, and I played as Malcom on red team, red's my favorit color, basically, while everyone else was learning seconed grade math, reading and writeing, I was already racking up frags at a very yong age, (basically a Unreal Tournament prodigy) but I played on the lowest difficulty level (and I still do to this day) and my parents were all cool with it on religious grounds.

Who did you play you're first Unreal Tournament game (or practice session) as

IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Re: Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as?
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
My first time was on the PS2 version of the game back in 2000 or 2001, I remember the friend who had invited me to play would always use the skaarj model Throt because to our 10/11 years old selves, it sounded like "froc" (french slang for "pants").

I think - but I can't swear - I used Luthor. A human military-like skin.

Afterwads I always used Von (one of the Metal Guard). I don't remember the PS2 game exactly, but it might have been one of the characters one had to unlock before being able to use. This might explain why I didn't use it the first time.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

yrex
Betatester

Oldunreal member

Re: Who did you play you're very first Unreal Tournament game or practice session as?
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Very first UT session? Can't remember. As far as I can go back in my memory, the game already was there. I usually played as Boss, with blue team.

"Played"... actually with bot amount set to zero, so there's no "violence" and noone is "getting in my way". All I wanted was to just explore the maps and perhaps go into places where I'm not supposed to go. I especially liked the AS maps because of their "single player" nature. This was before I knew what Unreal even was.

The first times when I was playing with actual opponents was probably Team Deathmatch against 16 red Bosses. I picked up the redeemer, flew to the top of Deck16, entered 'allammo', and kept shooting at everything that moved.

I rarely played the game the "correct" way.

Quality content | mail me instead of PMing: ampoyrex(a)wp(.)pl

IP Logged

Neon_Knight

Trickster God of Gillitie
Forest

Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2018 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
I think it was one of the Dark Phalanx, Blake IICR. I remember doing the ladder first with him. Then having Ivana as my first teammate.

Unreal Wiki
"The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000." - Fast Eddie
IP Logged

dustinechoes849

General Protection Fault!

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
The robots that were quite obviously reskinned humans. They still had the 3d human noses Cheesy

don't bother trying to message me over AIM, I haven't used that in years lol
I have a Discord, the number thingie is #6413
IP Logged

Hook

Oldunreal member and UT/Fan/Mapper/Admin

Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 4:29am
Print Post  
First time I played UT I didn't know you could change.
I just played as whatever the game gave me to PLAY as.

= Hook =
Server: {CMM} CROSSBONES Lucifurs Missile Madness
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
Forum: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
IP Logged

Hellkeeper
Global Moderator

Soulless Automaton

Reply #6 - Dec 14th, 2018 at 9:24am
Print Post  
So... Malcolm?
IIRC he's the default player skin.

You must construct additional pylons.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo