Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Getting .wav .mp3 files into Unreal (Read 1278 times)
Dr.Flay™

ChaosUT-333networks

Re: Getting .wav .mp3 files into Unreal
Reply #15 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
I have to say, that the WAV to UMX tutorials are all based on the same 2 original dated tutorials with now obsolete software.
The tutorials also do not tell you what or why you are doing anything, so you cannot easily do the task in other software.
I wrote a modern tutorial using Audacity, and explained each step so that the same task can be done with any OS or software, but since the new renderers are available, it is as obsolete as the original tutorials

Only convert audio files to WAV for import if you need to support old versions of Unreal.
If you intend to use the current version and produce maps with it, ignore low quality massive WAV imports.
Even UT99 has the same audio renderers available now so there is no reason to not use OGG, MP3, FLAC.... or any other from the huge list that is now supported.

OGG (or other) to UMX is so quick and easy I even slowed down doing it, so my tutorial vid is more than 10 seconds long
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4F-1DSJxI

WAV imports = 8bit 11kHz mono files of audio mush
Direct imports of original media = 16bit 44kHz stereo high fidelity audio (or higher quality)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo