Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ...for the first time, ever. (Read 263 times)
Buster
Global Moderator

...for the first time, ever.
Jul 14th, 2018 at 9:26am
Print Post  
The Unreal I have is an original jewel case CD of Unreal Gold, everything still in perfect condition. It's the only Unreal I've installed, played and made maps with. Also, until the 227 patch I've only used the WebLinksPatch and UnrealEdFix4. I do have UT3, too, but haven't installed it in years.

I recently decided to treat myself and expanded my Unreal collection. I finally got myself an original copy of and installed Unreal_222r for the first time, ever. I did patch it to 227i, of course. I've never used the first menu before. I like the one in Gold a lot better, which is a simple fix, but I'll keep it old school for now.

The first thing I've noticed, playing the default Medium skill, is a few missing monsters. I'm used to them being certain places in Gold, and they're not there in the Classic. Right off the bat, too, in the N.Falls level, tunnel entrance near the hut. There's more, but I'm trying to pretend it's my first run.

In a way it is. I had a minor stroke just over 5 years ago, and I haven't sat down with Unreal since it happened. It's like I'm on a retro flashback trip.

I'm getting a kick out of it. Had to share.

Smiley

Gatherstone - Unreal by Design
https://gatherstone.oldunreal.com

OK - he falls
Keep it Unreal !!
Smiley_~
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo