Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Playing as a Skaarj? (Read 437 times)
TM18271998

Oldunreal member

Playing as a Skaarj?
May 23rd, 2018 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
I recently got into Unreal due to the 20th anniversary free-to-play sale where I got Unreal Gold for free on Steam.  I saw a post on Tumblr talking about it where it said I should go here for a patch.  I installed it before starting it up and then started playing and adjusting my settings and playermodel.  In the first level (Single player) I was a human, as usual, but when the map changed I was a Skaarj.  That is what I set the playermodel to and I thought it was something everyone can do.  I installed Unreal on another PC today and I couldn't change my playermodel.  I looked this up but I came up with nothing.  Did I find some never before seen bug? Or am I just being an idiot and there's a really easy way to do it.  (Also I need to know how to change back It won't let me interact with this switch Undecided https://imgur.com/2n3L8bD)

IP Logged

Neon_Knight

Trickster God of Gillitie
Forest

Re: Playing as a Skaarj?
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2018 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Weird, usually the Skaarj and Nali models should be reserved for multiplayer/botmatches only. The game should only allow you to use human characters in SP.

Unreal Wiki
"The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000." - Fast Eddie
IP Logged

TM18271998

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2018 at 1:06am
Print Post  
I made a short video uploaded here, https://youtu.be/1EQLLbtEuCw, showing this glitch.  (Regarding the 200 armor and 230 health, I am playing on medium difficulty, I'm just good at avoiding hits  Undecided )

IP Logged

Masterkent
Developer Team

Reply #3 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:06am
Print Post  
TM18271998 wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 1:06am:
I made a short video uploaded here, https://youtu.be/1EQLLbtEuCw, showing this glitch.

That's not a glitch, Skaarj players have greater width and height than normal human players, hence they may not fit in some narrow areas where normal players can move without any problems. Even if you were able to push that red switch on Dug, you wouldn't be able to finish some subsequent levels (Chizra and DasaCellars) for the same reason.

Although you're technically allowed to choose the Skaarj model for your character in the classic single-player campaign, this model is not supported there actually, since you're supposed to play the campaign as a human, not a Skaarj.

IP Logged

Hyper
Board Moderator
Betatester

It's Unreal.

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
This is an old bug/glitch, indeed by the larger dimensions of a skaarj player. The game is made to be played and playtested as human. Coop games also have these issues where a skaarjplayer cannot push this button and cannot fit through narrow passageways or under low structures. I've seen servers running mutators (little fixer programs) that change the skaarj- and naliplayer collision dimensions to that of a human player for this reason.

Best option is to just play as human I guess for single player and coop maps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo