Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic SwFModEx doesn't work at all (Read 346 times)
Valet2

Oldunreal member

SwFModEx doesn't work at all
Apr 5th, 2018 at 10:18am
Print Post  
New to Unreal, but oldschool gamer from 20'th century.

Just got Unreal Gold on Steam and 227i patch. Wanted to achieve the best experience (stereoscopic 3d, positional sound with dynamic reverb etc.)

I kinda disliked how FMOD and OpenAL sound. It's in 5.1, but the reverb is weird, and it sounds somewhat wrong. The Galaxy sounds best for me, but doesn't work in 5.1. Tried to choose SwFModEx, but it refuses to run:

So, do I need to keep trying to get a working swfmodex (whatever it is) or there's a way to make OpenAL sound like Galaxy does?

P.S. I also have Creative X-Fi Titanium with the latest AlChemy, if it does make a difference. All older games with native DirectSound with EAX support work GREAT, but Unreal seems lack supporting it.

IP Logged

Smirftsch
Forum Administrator

Re: SwFModEx doesn't work at all
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Sorry, I sort of missed this topic.
Although a ...bit late... such an error usually happens if the dll or any of its dependencies can't be loaded. In this case its SwFMOD.dll and fmodex.dll
I am not entirely sure right now if fmodex.dll needs anything additional like a specific vcruntime but I can't remember that it does. It's a bit odd, since everything needed should be provided/included.

However, there is a new 227 in work for a very long time and along with it also some reworked and updated OpenAL. I need to update the builds here in this section again yet, but you can give it a try and try to give feedback what exactly you dislike, so there is maybe a way to work on it, or give it an option to adjust.

Sometimes you have to lose a fight to win the war.
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

[]KAOS[]Casey
Developer Team
Betatester

nedm

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
The Log.

IP Logged

han
Global Moderator
Unreal Rendering Guru
Developer Team

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2018 at 12:00am
Print Post  

HX on Mod DB. Revision on Steam.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo