Links

Tutorials

Unreal Reference

Usermaps

borderline

Contact us:
Submit News
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Unreal 2 stuff in Unreal 1 (227) (Read 610 times)
Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Unreal 2 stuff in Unreal 1 (227)
Mar 12th, 2018 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Decided that I'd drop some stuff about a little project I started a while back, and have been tinkering with off-and-onn since. Basically it started as simply converting character classes into player classes for use in Unreal 1, and gradually I've been building up from there. Found it funny too that many characters have all team colors.

What is currently pretty well done in this mod:

-Permanent power suits that are replenished by picking up armor
-All armor classes of Izanagi, marines, and Liandri are pretty well finished and fully playable, almost done with Skaarj as well. Heavies also shake the screen a little for other players.
-Custom gibs based in large part on code from Unreal 2. Blood effects could use work though.

What is currently still being worked on but are of low priority:

-Bots, gotta fix the textures on them, mostly.

What is planned:

-Items/pickups
-AI pawns (currently this is only occupied by a very VERY basic and suicidal cockroach) though some have already been worked on by others. If someone wants to crack at the advanced ones, I'll focus on porting the various animals.
-Weapons not yet ported by others, like the Dispersion Pistol (I... think it hasn't been ported yet)
-Carcasses of armor classes having a small charge that refills armor
-Maybe playable Araknids..?

IP Logged

lowenz
Betatester

Unreal Veteran

Re: Unreal 2 stuff in Unreal 1 (227)
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2018 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
WOW!

The task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen, but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees - E.S.

IP Logged

Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:18am
Print Post  

WIP of the Dispersion Pistol.

IP Logged

Martin Vole

Oldunreal member

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2018 at 3:54am
Print Post  
A bit of an update:

I considered porting the Takkra, the little floaty bot things that shoot lasers at either enemies or incoming projectiles based on primary or alt fire. I've come to find that it may be a bit of a big undertaking for me, the way it pathfinds I'm not entirely sure yet, but seems to use a lot of nodes to set itself up. If anyone else wants to take a shot at it, I have all the visual assets extracted/converted, along with animations!

On the Dispersion Pistol, it is pretty much finished at this point. I've fixed a few hitches and it now functions pretty well as it does in Unreal 2. Now I'm debating to just release it for others to tinker and play with. It also now uses its own ammo. The only additional tweaks I may consider is making it Amplifier friendly.

IP Logged

Kajgue
Global Moderator
Betatester

Super-sexy-Kung-Fu-H
obo-sunva-bitch

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Heya,

Good job, and I wonder how this could potentially look with the extra adding of new features that later versions of the 227 patch will bring Smiley

AKA - ( T : S : B ) Ice-Lizard

Whistleblower Ted Gunderson
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo